***** The Official Rangers V Kilmarnock Match Thread *****

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defoe's been off the pace so far and Arfield drifting back too far.  Kent looks up for it, but no breaks so far. And Tavernier has been great so far. 

We sure could use a big guy up front.

Am actually concerned about Arfield and Aribo just flattering to deceive so often. We need to strengthen our midfield with a strong forward moving player in the break. 

Also need Ryan Jack to take control in the midfield more. 

They are brutal. I’d agree if we score then it could be a rout. We are not doing much wrong but I’d be inclined to bite the bullet and just get Morelos on. We need a bit more hassle up front and for all our possession their defenders are not being bullied enough. 

3 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Kamara is wasted in this game as he offer zero going forward.

He's fine holds the midfield together iwith Jack due to lack of other strong midfielders.

Arfield and Aribo just not showing the final wee bit of determination and composure.

Just now, pcbear said:

Need to shoot ffs,  tip tapping is not always best.

Having Morelos as a target man might prevent that, it looks to be far more difficult getting a good ball to Defoe because its so compact. I think that's why there's so much tippy tappy passes around the box. Crossing or punting balls up to Morelos is easier and is obviously more direct.

Archived