Middleton in January

BlueSuedeSambas

What would you like us to do with him for the rest of the season?

There was a snippet in a report about the players we are looking to offload saying that we are likely to recall him and then loan him out elsewhere, but with it being a position that we lack options in,  maybe we should we look to keep him around.

The right wing is an area I hope we are looking to strengthen come January but as things stand Ojo is not cutting the mustard (hopefully we send him back to liverpool in January) and although Jones is on his way back from injury we are still relying on Aribo and Arfield as options for the right wing even though both consider themselves central players.

Do you think we should keep Middleton around as another option who can play anywhere anywhere across the front three, or would he be better served being loaned out elsewhere?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He should never have been allowed to go to Hibs and instead, follow the advice of the gaffer. That won't have done him any favours. Frankly, he is below Kent, Jones & Barker who I think are all better than him. Barring a complete turn around, I think his Rangers future is in Jeopardy.

He’s went the way I expected , these type of players never improve no matter the age , nothing else in his locker other than pace , easily stoped by the defender , we’ve seen it with wylde and o halloran , no trick can’t beat a man , never 40/50 yards of space to run in behind with us coz the opposition is so deep , everything has to go to feet so their fucked 

10 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

He’s went the way I expected , these type of players never improve no matter the age , nothing else in his locker other than pace , easily stoped by the defender , we’ve seen it with wylde and o halloran , no trick can’t beat a man , never 40/50 yards of space to run in behind with us coz the opposition is so deep , everything has to go to feet so their fucked 

We signed him to play with the academy team and he got a chance to play first team too soon. Can’t write him off yet still time to develop.

And to be fair your judgment of a player is shite ie Barisic.

2 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

We signed him to play with the academy team and he got a chance to play first team too soon. Can’t write him off yet still time to develop.

And to be fair your judgment of a player is shite ie Barisic.

Barisic was good against us , shat the bed up until some say st Mirren goal I say Feyenoord tackle the mans said it himself , Middleton never be Rangers class 

19 minutes ago, TMB said:

Send him out on loan again.  We need to recruit a new right sided attacker in January.   Hopefully a loan from the EPL who can add real quality to our first-team.

A loan from the EPL in January is not going to add quality to our first team ffs.

51 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

A loan from the EPL in January is not going to add quality to our first team ffs.

Of course it can.  There’s plenty of quality players in the EPL that can’t get a game due to the overall quality of the squads.  I doubt we’ll have any money to spend so getting in a quality loan is probably the best we can hope for.

Archived