Aribo or Arfield ?

tannerall

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GlasgowRangers1983 said:

Nice headache to have before an old firm 

Not really, as I believe midfield is their strength, and they will probably bully us (referee allowing) in the middle of the park, so we need stronger players than Arfield and Aribo to contend with this.

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I was just thinking this. Arfield has the experience and shows up in OF games but it would mean shoehorning him at RW because the midfield has to be Davis, Jack, Kamara. I'm not convinced Aribo is right for an OF game. Tough call.

Seems to be adapting more to the physical side now but like you say tough call.

17 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I wouldn't start either of them! Davis, Jack, kamara in the middle and Kent, Stewart wide with morelos up top is what I'd pick. 

I agree. I think they have both been inconsistent of late. They are not bad players at all but just not as reliable as Jack who has made himself captain material with his desire and performances. Davis has been one of the best midfielders in the league this season so plays for me. Kamara has some calm in the ball which we need against them. 

59 minutes ago, bornabear said:

On this season's showing, it has to be Aribo.

Arfield has been poor in many games, seems to have inherited Nicky Law's shirt.

Aribo works harder and has more of an eye for goal.

Furfuxsake Arfield never hides and runs his bollox off and you’re comparing him to that shyster Law,.

play alfrdedo on the wing opposite kent and with defoe through the middle.

Alfredo has all the qualities to play that role and still score goals. even if it is for one game. his strength , pace and intelligence will be too much for their fullbacks. That frimpong will be a broken player by the end of it.

i just feel defoe deserves a chance. hes made for these games. i think in the cup final he would have put a few away. But alfredo is our top scorer through his hard work. So it relly is a tough call.

with arfield or aribo on the wing it just seems so predictable we most likely play down the left through kent. With kent and morelos running at defenders and getting in the box it makes it less predictable. Although we would have to try something in a crucial game we havent before.

very tough decision for gerrard.

Probably get a bit of stick for this but I'd play both with Davis missing out. Aribo is starting to get a good run of form out on that right hand side and for me today was as close to his early season performances as we've got.

Arfield has started to find a bit of form also from a bit deeper and can still pop up with a goal here or there by knowing when to go. Going to that midden we need someone who is willing to scrap, battle and go toe to toe with them and we'll get that 100% from Arfield.

Both started at Hampden and it was a benefit to us and not a hindrance or the reason we lost that game.

3 hours ago, They Gnu said:

Furfuxsake Arfield never hides and runs his bollox off and you’re comparing him to that shyster Law,.

Law had the shitebaggery, whereas Arfield doesn't. Whilst Arfield's endeavour is admirable, he is not quality. His first touch and finishing leave a lot to be desired. Aribo does have the better ability, but needs to learn when to release a ball. 

A toss up between the two who is better suited for this game as they both bring very different attributes.

1 hour ago, Mclean RFC said:

play alfrdedo on the wing opposite kent and with defoe through the middle.

Alfredo has all the qualities to play that role and still score goals. even if it is for one game. his strength , pace and intelligence will be too much for their fullbacks. That frimpong will be a broken player by the end of it.

i just feel defoe deserves a chance. hes made for these games. i think in the cup final he would have put a few away. But alfredo is our top scorer through his hard work. So it relly is a tough call.

with arfield or aribo on the wing it just seems so predictable we most likely play down the left through kent. With kent and morelos running at defenders and getting in the box it makes it less predictable. Although we would have to try something in a crucial game we havent before.

very tough decision for gerrard.

91237014-9341-4994-BDE3-11A46DE86943.gif

Arfield has work rate but for a professional footballer he has very poor technical ability and is slow in thought. Aribo has skill but also very inconsistent with his final ball, however I think he is the better bet to keep them on the back foot.

It really depends whether we want to take the game to them or try to battle in a narrow area. 

2 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Will be happy with whatever Gerrard decides to picks out of them.

We’re in a good place right now.

He sets us up the same way he did against them at Ibrox we will get royally humped.

Personally I would keep the same team as today with Morelos in for Defoe, Davis is absolutely a vital part to the way we play but bringing him back in to a game like this it could easily pass him by, start the same middle 3 and if Arfield or Aribo are doing nothing you can bring Davis on at HT.

I think the front 3 of Kent, Morelos and Aribo is looking quite settled now  and is as good as Gerrard is going to get from the current squad in his quest for the Liverpoolesque front line.  His back four are almost settled too with only the debate around Katic/Helander up for grabs (not dissimilar to Sanchez and Matip at Liverpool). That leaves finding the most solid midfield 3 all of whom should be mobile, creative and with an eye for covering in defence when either Tav or Borna go raiding. For me Davis and Jack are shoe ins, leaving the choice between Arfield and Kamara. The former may not be at his best this season but has more fight about him and can do attack and defence. I know folk seem to love Kamara but he looks lost to me for a lot of the game and his passing has been woeful of late and is slow to recover.

Arfield gets my vote for the right midfield position, hoping he can stir it up with Broony.

Archived