***** The Official Stinking Cunts v Rangers Match Thread *****

Lennon will have celtic playing very attacking, direct, shoot on sight, type football as always.  Our team will need to be solid at the back and no stupid errors.  Hopefully this is when Morelos finally hits the net against them and bags us a few goals.  This result could have a big say in the outcome of this season so we need to get some kind of result.  A defeat would put us 8pts behind albeit with a game in hand. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think this will be as easy as some are suggesting. They more or less surrendered midfield last time by having Brown "marking" Frimpong.

They also had players who were unfit, playing out of position or having an off day

We can do it , but I don't expect us tobe as dominant as last time.

Need to play this one like we've played in Europe this season. Soak up their attacks and hit on the quick counter. Make the most of set plays as they are gash at defending from them. Really hope Alfie scores, hes dying to get one against them, the gaffer will have some job trying to keep him relaxed before kick off.

Just get in about the tarrier bastards we have had tougher opposition away from home in Europe. Don't show them any respect  and press them high get in their faces they can't handle that.and hopefully keep it tight at the back, take any chances that come our way and hopefully this time their keeper does not have as good a game as he did in the cup final and we can win this never mind drawing with the scum bastards.

Surely surely it's our turn to win across there. It's been far too long without a win. . Just dont let them.settle. get at them. Pepper there goal with crosses. Chase every seeming lost cause, and feed alfie with all that we can. We can score from every part of the pitch. Am quietly confident. 

20 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Need to play this one like we've played in Europe this season. Soak up their attacks and hit on the quick counter. Make the most of set plays as they are gash at defending from them. Really hope Alfie scores, hes dying to get one against them, the gaffer will have some job trying to keep him relaxed before kick off.

Nah.

Come out on the front foot like we did in Cup Final and take the game to them.

52 minutes ago, RoboBear said:

I don't think this will be as easy as some are suggesting. They more or less surrendered midfield last time by having Brown "marking" Frimpong.

They also had players who were unfit, playing out of position or having an off day

We can do it , but I don't expect us tobe as dominant as last time.

I think tomorrow they will ask Brown to man mark Kent again.  It should give us the upper hand in midfield again even if Kent struggles to make an impact with Brown and Frimpong doubling up on him.  

Hopefully Tavernier can get up and down the wing like last time and keep firing balls in to the box.  Maybe Aribo could put in a big performance from that RW.  

We’re in a good position going in to this.

24 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Don't let Christie shoot from distance and I feel comfortable that we win this.

Christie said in a recent interview that he’s been told to shoot on sight.   It just against us, but against everyone.  His role in that team is to support the attack from central midfield and score and create goals.

I really wish we would bring in a player to do this type of job for us.  The closest thing we have to it is Greg Stewart.

24 minutes ago, TMB said:

I think tomorrow they will ask Brown to man mark Kent again.  It should give us the upper hand in midfield again even if Kent struggles to make an impact with Brown and Frimpong doubling up on him.  

Hopefully Tavernier can get up and down the wing like last time and keep firing balls in to the box.  Maybe Aribo could put in a big performance from that RW.  

We’re in a good position going in to this.

Frimpong as a defender, with the need to get helped out, is a major weakness of theirs.  Kent needs to get at him, perhaps Jones too 2nd half if the game gets stretched. Imo that side is where the chances for alfie will come from.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Frimpong as a defender, with the need to get helped out, is a major weakness of theirs.  Kent needs to get at him, perhaps Jones too 2nd half if the game gets stretched. Imo that side is where the chances for alfie will come from.

Pingpong is getting too much credit in the media. He is only 18 and got sent off in his first OF game. I fancy Kent to win that battle.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Pingpong is getting too much credit in the media. He is only 18 and got sent off in his first OF game. I fancy Kent to win that battle.

Was TLB even asked about Frimpongs ability to handle the pressure of this fixture? Doubt it, that question is reserved for Rangers players.

20 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Kent needs to step up now, he has been way off his best since returning. This must be his moment now - we need a big performance form him and all others. 

50 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Last time Brown and Frimpong were doubling up on Kent.  When Frimpong went forward Brown never left Kent’s side so we couldn’t use him as an outlet.  I don’t expect much from Kent tomorrow due to the attention he’ll be getting but I do think we’ll win the battle for central midfield because of it.  It’s about making the most of that and turning possession in to chances, and chances in to goals.  Morelos better have his shooting boots on.

Archived