Clancy

The decisions he missed...

- 99% of tugged shirts at corners don't result in penalties.

- if you call one then you MUST call Aribo's.

- the hand ball. Someone other than VAR has to make that call. If not him, then the linesman.

- Julien on Morelos. If he gives the proper decision, he has to send him off.

- Boli & Christie should have been off for additional fouling

- foul against Jack in injury time was a disgrace.

- the sending off was sour grapes at the final  scoreline. Blow your whistle for full-time and it's not even mentioned.

- 96 minutes. Two more than the exaggerated four.

Too many mistakes to simply say a bad day at the office. Cheating is the only word to describe that.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the game back with a calmer, more considered head.  Amongst the various wrong decisions, have to say, Alfie should never have seen red.

1st yellow - just never a yellow for me. Foul yes, yellow no.

2nd yellow - yes he falls to the ground without being touched, but he actually doesn’t claim for it either.  So how’s that cheating? I’d also add, the incident should NEVER have happened in the first place given it was well over the allocated 4mins of extra time (and that takes into account 30secs being added for the Edmundson sub).

The witch hunt and being held to a different standard continues against Alfie, reinforced by the outrageous media headlines being pedalled out.  For me, the referee tried to give them as much as he could without overtly being seen as cheating. But he was at it, without question.

17 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

Just watched the game back with a calmer, more considered head.  Amongst the various wrong decisions, have to say, Alfie should never have seen red.

1st yellow - just never a yellow for me. Foul yes, yellow no.

2nd yellow - yes he falls to the ground without being touched, but he actually doesn’t claim for it either.  So how’s that cheating? I’d also add, the incident should NEVER have happened in the first place given it was well over the allocated 4mins of extra time (and that takes into account 30secs being added for the Edmundson sub).

The witch hunt and being held to a different standard continues against Alfie, reinforced by the outrageous media headlines being pedalled out.  For me, the referee tried to give them as much as he could without overtly being seen as cheating. But he was at it, without question.

All true.

But Clancy hates Morelos, it's as simple as that for me. He has let personal views or feelings determine judgement.

A blatant cheat.

4 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

Agreed. It was the first booking that was soft and the lack of consistency for Bolongoli, Christie, Johnstone and Julien.

Imagine if Morelos has pushed the keeper down the way Johnstone did in the first half? Or punched someone's c*ck while on a booking?

Genuinely can't believe there was nothing said about this after the game. 

He's reffed completely different to everyone else in Scotland and it's sickening to watch how someone gets singled out by those who should be on the field trying to protect him. 

I make no apology for copying my post from another thread and pasting it here.  I actually considered making a thread about this but refrained because there are others but it's something I have been fuming over since the match. I truly hope our victory does not take over or gloss over what was an absolutely shocking performance from Clancy. I have never bought into the biased officials stuff either for or against us but yesterday was the closest I have ever witnessed that came near imo to outright cheating. The speed at getting cards out for Morelos while ignoring others proves beyond doubt Alfredo is refereered to a different standard to every other player in this country a scandal in itself. Add on the handball the awarding of a penalty (at nil nil remember when we were on top) for jersey clutching but ignoring the same offence when committed by them,the adding on of TWO extra minutes after the four held up were over,and a dozen other things I saw yesterday and it's clear we won that game inspite of Clancy. My fear is because we won it will all be completely glossed over in the media. We as a club cannot allow this to happen. And again we are missing our best striker for imo absolutely nothing. It was an utterly scandalous performance. I'm actually still angry at twenty to seven in the morning posting this.  And if this standard continues it'll be a miracle if we win this championship.

14 hours ago, Inigo said:

...I don't think there's any grand conspiracy, but I do believe individual refs can be suspect. Not saying Clancy is ir isn't, but that was a massively suspect performance. And I hate to say it, but we're our own worst enemy. Gerrard says nothing. Not one player pressured the ref after any of the dodgy calls. Watch the Aribo one as an example.

Preach.

When there's so little push-back from anyone at the club, on the pitch and beyond, it's no wonder that a weak-minded coward like Clancy finds it much easier to target Rangers players for cards, or ignore blatant fouls against us.  It gives shite like Aberdeen licence to do what they did against us, and feeds into a mood where inbreds in stands throw bottles at our players.

9 hours ago, bluenoz said:

The decisions he missed...

- 99% of tugged shirts at corners don't result in penalties.

- if you call one then you MUST call Aribo's.

- the hand ball. Someone other than VAR has to make that call. If not him, then the linesman.

- Julien on Morelos. If he gives the proper decision, he has to send him off.

- Boli & Christie should have been off for additional fouling

- foul against Jack in injury time was a disgrace.

- the sending off was sour grapes at the final  scoreline. Blow your whistle for full-time and it's not even mentioned.

- 96 minutes. Two more than the exaggerated four.

Too many mistakes to simply say a bad day at the office. Cheating is the only word to describe that.

Paranoid Protestant, even paranoid people have enemies and Clancy is one...... bead rattling cunt

9 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

I make no apology for copying my post from another thread and pasting it here.  I actually considered making a thread about this but refrained because there are others but it's something I have been fuming over since the match. I truly hope our victory does not take over or gloss over what was an absolutely shocking performance from Clancy. I have never bought into the biased officials stuff either for or against us but yesterday was the closest I have ever witnessed that came near imo to outright cheating. The speed at getting cards out for Morelos while ignoring others proves beyond doubt Alfredo is refereered to a different standard to every other player in this country a scandal in itself. Add on the handball the awarding of a penalty (at nil nil remember when we were on top) for jersey clutching but ignoring the same offence when committed by them,the adding on of TWO extra minutes after the four held up were over,and a dozen other things I saw yesterday and it's clear we won that game inspite of Clancy. My fear is because we won it will all be completely glossed over in the media. We as a club cannot allow this to happen. And again we are missing our best striker for imo absolutely nothing. It was an utterly scandalous performance. I'm actually still angry at twenty to seven in the morning posting this.  And if this standard continues it'll be a miracle if we win this championship.

The club needs to be putting the pressurre on behind the scenes. Possibly contacting the SFA and asking for an explanation of some of the decision that have been made in the last few weeks.

Clancy allowing a handball goal when he has a perfect view of the incident.

An offside goal in the final, again should of been an easy spot for the assistant ref. how was also  in the perfect position to see it.

Penalty not given against Aberdeen, again the refs in the perfect position and has a great view.

These are huge decisions in big games goimg against us, not over a season but in less than a month! But we all know it's been happening for longer, especially the last few seasons.

We also need to question the treatment of Morelos, there's no doubt he's treated differently by the media where his every action gets forensic examined and by opposition players who have regularly attacked him of the ball. And opposition fans who subject him to horrendous abuse and scream for him to be booked an time he makes a challenge.

Refs seem to be in rush to dish out cards to Morelos never giving him the benefit of the doubt they would afford to other players.

7 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Morelos - You're right that he gets much more attention from refs, some of it grossly unfair. He also invites a lot of it on himself, more so in the past, to the point that his manager feels unwilling to want to defend him. That referees feel so at ease with targeting him so obviously speaks to the next point.

"We as a club cannot allow this to happen" -  watch us do just that, and continue to watch the likes of Beaton and Clancy do what they do.

9 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

Is there a clip of Buffs first booking? Clancy seems to have the yellow in his hand before contact is even made. It's a nothing collision but he takes the chance to yellow him. 

He sees Brown go down, blows whistle. He's reaching into his pocket and has the card out before hes taken his second stride over towards Alfie who is about 20 yards away.

Pretty sure he already had the yellow out before he blew the whistle for Morelos lol. 

Happens in every game across the world especially in a Derby where players budge each other, again the most mental cunt in Scottish football goes down like a tonne of bricks as well after brushing shoulders 

Archived