Clancy

3 hours ago, five stars said:

Watched the game back today. Morelos first booking was a joke, a shoulder tackle ,never a booking for anyone except Morelos. It was also i believe only his 1st foul in the second half.

There was lots of poor decisions by the ref which he could argue he didn't see but the Bollingoli one where he intentionally pulls back Morelos in a good position is a straightforward yellow card.

That's the rules, no debate. And the officals can't argue they didn't see it.

Bollywingo grabbed Morelos and pulled him down == Nothing 

Christie grabbed Alfredo by the balls === Nothing 

but hey no double standards --- Also Forster standing over Alfredo gesturing for a card just before Clancy gave the 2nd yellow 

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, YearsofWar said:

IMO he's got this wrong. For those who don't remember this is what happened. It happened around 60:20 in the match if you want to watch it elsewhere in better quality.

sCkIYdL.gif

Morelos at most touches him on the forearm before Christie makes a 2 footed lunge on Goldson. The referee blows the whistle after Christie's lunge and awards him a freekick. 

But to summarise the findings from that article on all of the contentious issues in the match and to show the team benefiting from the decision:

1. celtic's penalty - Correct decision which benefited celtic.
  2. Handball goal - Incorrect decision - celtic.
  3. Christie red card - Incorrect decision - celtic.
  4. The foul shown above - "Correct decision" - celtic.
  5. Ranger's penalty claim - Incorrect decision - celtic.
  6. Ranger's corner - Inconclusive - Rangers.
  7. Julien red card - Incorrect - celtic.
  8. Bolingoli red card - Incorrect - celtic.
  9. David sub - Correct - celtic.
  10. Morelos red card - Correct - celtic.

Didn't notice this at the time but that's a studs up 2 footed lunge from Christie. Free kick to them!?

Why is it a different referee every time we play them to begin with?

Us against them is hands down the biggest game in Scotland so surely it should be the highest ranked official who takes the game every time?

The way they do it now seems to be giving everybody a shot even though most of them have shown that they are nowhere near capable of handling big games.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Us against them is hands down the biggest game in Scotland so surely it should be the highest ranked official who takes the game every time?

The way they do it now seems to be giving everybody a shot even though most of them have shown that they are nowhere near capable of handling big games.

Years ago I can always mind it was either Thomson or that Kenny Clark. 

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Years ago I can always mind it was either Thomson or that Kenny Clark. 

Exactly. I always remember it being Hugh Dallas because he was the best official in the country. Now it’s like they are all equally as shite so they all get a shot. Clancy was so far out of his depth on Sunday so you have to ask why he got the fixture to begin with.

9 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

An old firm game should always be a foreign ref in my opinion but I guess the refs are unionized so that would never happen.

4 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Superb post mate . Totally agree as do many bears

Enlighten me about the Callaghan  story and game

Callaghan didn’t send off John Hughes for kicking one of our players off the ball after he had already booked him. Rangers wrote a letter of complaint after the game and he got banned from refereeing for a few months.

It got dragged up by their fans on social media after the NY OF game last season when they were putting pressure on Beaton.

6 hours ago, YearsofWar said:

1. celtic's penalty - Correct decision which benefited celtic.
  2. Handball goal - Incorrect decision - celtic.
  3. Christie red card - Incorrect decision - celtic.
  4. The foul shown above - "Correct decision" - celtic.
  5. Ranger's penalty claim - Incorrect decision - celtic.
  6. Ranger's corner - Inconclusive - Rangers.
  7. Julien red card - Incorrect - celtic.
  8. Bolingoli red card - Incorrect - celtic.
  9. David sub - Correct - celtic.
  10. Morelos red card - Correct - celtic.

Could not be more blatant. 

Honestly I appreciate the call for VAR at a time when we won and cannot be accused of sour grapes ..... but ...... VAR is pish and if refs are going to cheat then  VAR will change nothing. 

our money would be better spent in making refereeing a profession that is regulated by independent authorities. Have professional qualifications and have their livelihoods based on  their performance and being held accountable. Have them explain their decisions during the game like in rugby.

Have the conversations with the full official team broadcast and transparent. 

lastly give the refs better protection. They simply cannot be allowed to be bullied and of fans of any club go after a ref they should be charged under harassment laws or something. 

1 minute ago, Bakbear said:

Could not be more blatant. 

Honestly I appreciate the call for VAR at a time when we won and cannot be accused of sour grapes ..... but ...... VAR is pish and if refs are going to cheat then  VAR will change nothing. 

our money would be better spent in making refereeing a profession that is regulated by independent authorities. Have professional qualifications and have their livelihoods based on  their performance and being held accountable. Have them explain their decisions during the game like in rugby.

Have the conversations with the full official team broadcast and transparent. 

lastly give the refs better protection. They simply cannot be allowed to be bullied and of fans of any club go after a ref they should be charged under harassment laws or something. 

Full time refs didn't exactly eradicate bad refereeing decisions down south hence the reason they called for var to be brought in, var in theory should be brilliant and sort out the wrong decision into a correct decision, problem is they aren't using it properly imho, as for the latest batch of offside goals being disallowed it makes the whole system a bit farcical, an armpit being 2mm offside is not a clear and obvious mistake by any official but it seems that any goal that may look borderline gets checked, its then common sense seems to go out the window 

5 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Exactly. I always remember it being Hugh Dallas because he was the best official in the country. Now it’s like they are all equally as shite so they all get a shot. Clancy was so far out of his depth on Sunday so you have to ask why he got the fixture to begin with.

There has never been a ref that I can recall get 2 league games in a row mate . Never .

Maybe a cup tie and a league game back to back . I can recall Dallas getting league  decider and cup final of 99 . Collum did manage to get his second cup final in a row recently  .

That was a first

Of all the decisions made this incident is the one I want Rangers to go after. Why was Brown not red carded here, linesman clearly has it in his sights? Why was this not a free kick to us as it happened before the Katic jersey tug? Why did he issue 2 yellows, 1 to Katoc and 1 to Brown but then 'forget' about Browns? 

There were 2 clear and distinct cards. One to Katic who clearly saw he was getting a yellow, the other to Brown either for red card punching or for what he's saying, probably demanding a red for Katic. Brown was booked, theres no ambiguity.

This is a Dougie McDonald moment for Clancy and Rangers need to DEMAND answers.

IMG_20191231_085823.jpg

IMG_20191231_085809.jpg

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Of all the decisions made this incident is the one I want Rangers to go after. Why was Brown not red carded here, linesman clearly has it in his sights? Why was this not a free kick to us as it happened before the Katic jersey tug? Why did he issue 2 yellows, 1 to Katoc and 1 to Brown but then 'forget' about Browns? 

There were 2 clear and distinct cards. One to Katic who clearly saw he was getting a yellow, the other to Brown either for red card punching or for what he's saying, probably demanding a red for Katic. Brown was booked, theres no ambiguity.

This is a Dougie McDonald moment for Clancy and Rangers need to DEMAND answers.

IMG_20191231_085823.jpg

IMG_20191231_085809.jpg

My guess is the linesman is a shitebag as well as being corrupt , he knew the shit that was coming his way from the papes behind him......

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

My guess is the linesman is a shitebag as well as being corrupt , he knew the shit that was coming his way from the papes behind him......

Sheep away last season one of the linesmen (David McGeachie) was not slow to see Morelos petulant kick at McKenna that he told Clancy was violent conduct and a red. Later rescinded. McGeachie was nominates Assistant Referee / Linesman 1 on Sunday.

The linesman who missed this also missed the Aribo jersey tug and Julien barge Morelos to the ground off the ball. Missed or told by ref not to alert him to incidents. My money is on it being the same linesman (mcgeachie) who sees what he wants to see.

Corrupt to the core.

9 hours ago, five stars said:

After Clancy's performance the question that needs answered is he just totally incompetent or a cheat?

Going by our previous games he's refereed, it looks highly likely it's the later.

Either way he should never referee a game in the top flight again.

Being at my most charitable, it could be said that Clancy was trying at all costs not to send players off, giving players the benefit of the doubt when it came to giving them a second yellow card.  Bolingoli, Jullien, Brown (presuming he didn’t actually get two cards), Christie and probably Davis, all could have seen red on a different day.  However,  in the sixth minute of injury time with the match all but finished, he couldn’t bring himself to give the same benefit of the doubt to Alfie for an innocuous dive.  Appears personal to me.

3 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Being at my most charitable, it could be said that Clancy was trying at all costs not to send players off, giving players the benefit of the doubt when it came to giving them a second yellow card.  Bolingoli, Jullien, Brown (presuming he didn’t actually get two cards), Christie and probably Davis, all could have seen red on a different day.  However,  in the sixth minute of injury time with the match all but finished, he couldn’t bring himself to give the same benefit of the doubt to Alfie for an innocuous dive.  Appears personal to me.

Davis never got booked  did he ?

1 hour ago, Ibroxholm said:

I thought he did but maybe, thinking back, I thought it was him it got booked at same time as Katic.  Clancy certainly flashed the yellow card twice.

Yes he did flash it twice.  Clancy says to Katic, you know, just so he totally knew he'd been booked, something that has never, ever, ever happened before.  It wasn't to Brown, who he happened to be facing and pointing the card at...........

Archived