Barisic

TheKingObv

13 minutes ago, corkinator said:

Best left back we’ve had since Newman, he’s a big unit.

when he leaves it will be for ultra bucks 👍🏼

Some player. 

I always like Papac for his defending, composure and defensive qualities.

Prefer Barasic now though, fantastic crosser of the ball.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, fernando0606 said:

Some player. 

I always like Papac for his defending, composure and defensive qualities.

Prefer Barasic now though, fantastic crosser of the ball.

Yeah Papac was a cracking player but I think people forget how great Numan was. 
he was playing as a flying wingback 20 odd years ago. I don’t remember him doing a lot of deadball stuff it was mostly Albertz. 
the players today are even more professional than they were back then. 

1 minute ago, corkinator said:

Yeah Papac was a cracking player but I think people forget how great Numan was. 
he was playing as a flying wingback 20 odd years ago. I don’t remember him doing a lot of deadball stuff it was mostly Albertz. 
the players today are even more professional than they were back then. 

Not doubting Numans quality but I never seen him play live.

Think the first left back I saw live was Michael Ball, Vignal, Ian Murray then Papac

6 minutes ago, fernando0606 said:

Not doubting Numans quality but I never seen him play live.

Think the first left back I saw live was Michael Ball, Vignal, Ian Murray then Papac

Ahh ok, you missed out there mate. Some of the players we had during advocaats time was incredible 

35 minutes ago, corkinator said:

Hopefully he decides to make this his home mate and stays for 5 or 6 season.

Fuck the money would rather have the player.

5 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Hopefully he decides to make this his home mate and stays for 5 or 6 season.

Fuck the money would rather have the player.

Yeah hopefully.

as an aside, Jock Shaw was my mother’s uncle 😃👍🏼🇬🇧

13 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Numan is arguably our best ever left back, him or Davie Robertson for me, yes Borna has been brilliant but only for a short spell he's got a way to go yet.

Agreen Numan was superb but the best I have ever seen was Eric Caldow. Left or right back position he was absolutely brilliant.

25 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Only read about him in books and online but by all accounts a colossal of a man and a true Rangers legend.  👍

I never met him, I’ve got an old club tie of his tgat my uncle gave me must be about 50 years old 😂😂🇬🇧

24 minutes ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Agreen Numan was superb but the best I have ever seen was Eric Caldow. Left or right back position he was absolutely brilliant.

Yeah I heard he was fantastic a wee bit before my time 

5 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Would say the same about all the first team squad just now

We need to accept the business strategy that our best players will move on at significant profit, and the money gets reinvested and so it continues. But fully agree now is not the time, certainly not until after we get a league win.

Its usually very difficult to find a good left back. They can be few and far between obviously because there are less left footers than right. It’s also difficult to find a fullback that can attack as well as defend.

Numan was an amazing player, quite a modern player for that time, very mobile and direct.  Very very fit as well. 

Papac was not in his league but a very good player. I think papac got more attention back then because he was le guen ‘s only success. Not taking away from his abilities.

I would prefer Barasic over Papac now. If he keeps improving the sky’s the limit.

It’s hard for us as a support given the intense pressure to win but it’s a clear example that players, particularly foreign ones, need at least 12 months to settle and adapt up here. Football is played at a crazy speed up here and takes a while to adapt. 

certainly reaping the rewards now and he’s probably valued about the same as Morelos now. Absolute warrior 

3 hours ago, corkinator said:

Think you’re doing Papac a major injustice there.  Barasic has been brilliant for four months, papac was superb for 5/6 years. 

24 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Think you’re doing Papac a major injustice there.  Barasic has been brilliant for four months, papac was superb for 5/6 years. 

Yeah maybe, if you look at it like that. I think looking at the evidence barasic is a more modern left back the way Numan was. Papac wasn’t as attack minded as either more of a defender LB. 

Archived