Kris Boyd

Assegai

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SIRB_72 said:

Doing punditry on the radio and doing a good job the couple of times I've heard him. Made such a difference hearing a balanced voice on there!

Thanks. I've come to detest the BBC in all its forms and don't use it at all.

Another good piece , by Kris Boyd winding up the tarriers and bang on the money imo .

Apologies if already posted . 

celtic supporters make me laugh, they really do.

This time last week they were making out Jeremie Frimpong was so good he was the new Dani Alves.

Christoper Jullien was a snip at £7million, while Kristoffer Ajer was worth three times that amount.

That was nothing compared to what Odsonne Edouard was going to go for one day soon.

But now? After losing to Rangers? All we hear from those fans and media cheerleaders is how the club needs to open its cheque-book and sign new players pronto.

I’m sorry, but what exactly are you expecting to happen this month?

Sure, Neil Lennon will add players to his squad, but for me the team he has now is as good as it’s going to get.

Put it this way, that recruitment department of his has had its pick of players for years now, and celtic aren’t any better than Rangers.

What makes anyone think they are suddenly going to unearth a match-winning gem now when the pressure is on?

Apart from anything else, their wage bill is bursting at the seams, so  the first thing that has to happen is big-money players are booted OUT of the club.

Scott Sinclair is on £40,000 a week, but has spent more time lying on the beach in Dubai in the last six months than out on the Parkhead pitch.

Leigh Griffiths is still nowhere near starting games, and looks a shadow of the player he once was.

Jack Hendry, remember him? I could go on and on.

Lennon is apparently pushing to sign another centre-back, but what does that say about his man Jullien?

They can’t be getting another left-back when they have three in the building already in Boli Bolingoli, Greg Taylor and Jonny Hayes.

In midfield Scott Brown, James Forrest and Callum McGregor are all certs to play every week.

With Broony and Forrest we’re talking about two of celtic’s best ever players, certainly in the last decade.

Ryan Christie has been outstanding at times this season, although maybe I missed something after the defeat to Rangers.

Did he need to delete more of his social media accounts after missing that penalty?

With regards to Edouard, celtic could be doing with some back-up, but they are not going to get a really top player to sit on the bench every week.

The left of midfield is the only real area they could look to bring in a player to go straight into the team.

But aren’t they already paying out a fortune in wages for Mohamed Elyounoussi from Southampton?

What would it say to young Mikey Johnston after he’s just put pen to paper on a new five-year contract?

No, for me celtic aren’t going to get considerably stronger for the second half of the season regardless of what certain people think.

What they have got is what they will carry on with. Which is why their fans are worried deep down.

Right now they can sense their obsession with nine in a row is in danger. Steven Gerrard has found a way to play against them, and they don’t know how to cope with it.

I heard a lot of people say how celtic just didn’t turn up in the last game, like they didn’t turn up in the Betfred Cup Final. But that’s nonsense.

Rangers didn’t allow them to play because of the way they were set up, and because their players all worked harder all over the pitch.

Rangers looked fitter and sharper too. Remember, celtic had the luxury of qualifying for the next round of the Europa League with two games to spare. Gers didn’t.

Yet Celts didn’t look like a team that had been able to conserve their energy ahead of the Old Firm clash.

They looked dead on their feet towards the end of the game, and appeared a team in desperate need of a winter break.

So their training camp in Dubai might just be what they need for the second half of the season.

For Rangers, though, they have to come back with the same mentality they ended the decade with. If they do that then they can really take the title race to the wire.

The first handful of games after the restart are vital for both teams, but if Gers can maintain their great form then celtic might start to realise what’s going on.

But this notion that Lennon’s going to spend big between now and the start of February, that they have two or three new players to start every week?

Do me a favour.

Rangers don’t seem to be thinking about things that way, with Gerrard appearing quite happy with the squad he has built.

He would definitely have taken the position his team is in now when the season started.

There’s been real progress at Ibrox in the last six months.

But can celtic supporters say that about their team? No, I certainly don’t think so.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5131449/neil-lennon-celtic-kris-boyd-transfer-news-Rangers/

He's not really said anything you can argue with in that article but I'd much rather he talked about us tbh. About how good we were last Sunday and about how good we have been all season. There's not been enough praise for us over the last week imo and our performance and general run of form this year has been forgotten amongst all the other craziness going on with Morelos and Clancy. 

We were brilliant, and we've been very good for the vast majority of the season. We have some excellent players playing at a really high level consistently and obviously the manager and his team have done a great job. None of that gets mentioned enough in the SMSM as far as I'm concerned. 

6 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Boyd’s been quality since the 29th 

Tbf he started along this path at the Motherwell game highlighting the undue attention brought to bear on Morelos, he’s been on a roll ever since, long may it continue👍...

38 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

He's not really said anything you can argue with in that article but I'd much rather he talked about us tbh. About how good we were last Sunday and about how good we have been all season. There's not been enough praise for us over the last week imo and our performance and general run of form this year has been forgotten amongst all the other craziness going on with Morelos and Clancy. 

We were brilliant, and we've been very good for the vast majority of the season. We have some excellent players playing at a really high level consistently and obviously the manager and his team have done a great job. None of that gets mentioned enough in the SMSM as far as I'm concerned. 

He does pretty much what you asked for in that article. He’s not stopped banging on about us since last Sunday. 

34 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He does pretty much what you asked for in that article. He’s not stopped banging on about us since last Sunday. 

No he doesn't. A couple of lines in an article that size isn't anywhere near enough for me. It's secondary praise in an article about celtic. 

42 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Steven Gerrard has found a way to play against them, and they don’t know how to cope with it.

Rangers didn’t allow them to play because of the way they were set up, and because their players all worked harder all over the pitch.

Rangers looked fitter and sharper too.

For Rangers, though, they have to come back with the same mentality they ended the decade with. If they do that then they can really take the title race to the wire.

That's the extent of the praise offered in our direction as far as I can see. After the performance last week and our season as a whole I think we deserve far more than that. 

18 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Steven Gerrard has found a way to play against them, and they don’t know how to cope with it.

Rangers didn’t allow them to play because of the way they were set up, and because their players all worked harder all over the pitch.

For Rangers, though, they have to come back with the same mentality they ended the decade with. If they do that then they can really take the title race to the wire.

That's the extent of the praise offered in our direction as far as I can see. After the performance last week and our season as a whole I think we deserve far more than that. 

I get what you’re saying, but ramping up the pressure on them and turning their fans against them will be just as crucial going in to the second half. 
Our players will already be on a high...we don’t need media coverage to add to that. But if they can implode on February, which I think is their hard fixture month, then it will take the pressure off of us.

1 hour ago, BerlinBear said:

I get what you’re saying, but ramping up the pressure on them and turning their fans against them will be just as crucial going in to the second half. 
Our players will already be on a high...we don’t need media coverage to add to that. But if they can implode on February, which I think is their hard fixture month, then it will take the pressure off of us.

Absolutely.  There have been far too few pundits/journos willing to stick the boot into the tims over the past few years.  Now, finally, the shoe is on the other foot and they’re getting a taste of the kind of treatment we’ve endured.  

Keep it up Boydy and keep calling them out for the shite that they are. And who knows, such treatment/talk may even give other teams greater belief that they can actually take points off celtic.  All good as far as I’m concerned.

1 hour ago, KBOO72 said:

You’re a hard man to please then.

1 hour ago, KBOO72 said:

No he doesn't. A couple of lines in an article that size isn't anywhere near enough for me. It's secondary praise in an article about celtic. 

How can it be secondary praise when the article is about them not being able to combat us by simply splashing the cash, so praise that we have come so far on a much reduced budget. The article isn’t simply about us it’s a comparison of the 2 clubs and will leave the fenian spitting feathers because it paints a very harsh picture of where they are in comparison to use. 

I don’t see much wrong with his article at all, in fact it’s what we’ve pretty much said all along in here, they aren’t that good and when pressure is put on the place will implode.  Since their defeat, their mhanky fans have spewed pish about how they will spend their billions in January and will prove too strong.  That’s shite talk and Boyd knows it as well as us and, finally, someone in the mhedia calls it for what it is.  They have more loanees  in their squad than we do and, given they were bought by their parent clubs for millions means they are paying hefty wages and a hefty loan fee. It’s also a fair assessment that their wage bill is monstrous and is another reason why they can’t spend as much as what their deluded bunch think.  Man City are also a prime example of you just can’t buy a title every season and at some point, a better TEAM will come along and win the title.  

Archived