Sign in to follow this  
Assegai

Kris Boyd

1 hour ago, SIRB_72 said:

Doing punditry on the radio and doing a good job the couple of times I've heard him. Made such a difference hearing a balanced voice on there!

Thanks. I've come to detest the BBC in all its forms and don't use it at all.

SIRB_72 likes this

He's not really said anything you can argue with in that article but I'd much rather he talked about us tbh. About how good we were last Sunday and about how good we have been all season. There's not been enough praise for us over the last week imo and our performance and general run of form this year has been forgotten amongst all the other craziness going on with Morelos and Clancy. 

We were brilliant, and we've been very good for the vast majority of the season. We have some excellent players playing at a really high level consistently and obviously the manager and his team have done a great job. None of that gets mentioned enough in the SMSM as far as I'm concerned. 

Dickie1963 likes this

Just now, LiverpoolBlue said:

He’s right ..but I think the remainder of the season will be down to the tactics of the managers

lemmon and SG?  

Only  one winner there 

38 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

He's not really said anything you can argue with in that article but I'd much rather he talked about us tbh. About how good we were last Sunday and about how good we have been all season. There's not been enough praise for us over the last week imo and our performance and general run of form this year has been forgotten amongst all the other craziness going on with Morelos and Clancy. 

We were brilliant, and we've been very good for the vast majority of the season. We have some excellent players playing at a really high level consistently and obviously the manager and his team have done a great job. None of that gets mentioned enough in the SMSM as far as I'm concerned. 

He does pretty much what you asked for in that article. He’s not stopped banging on about us since last Sunday. 

alibali59 likes this

34 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He does pretty much what you asked for in that article. He’s not stopped banging on about us since last Sunday. 

No he doesn't. A couple of lines in an article that size isn't anywhere near enough for me. It's secondary praise in an article about celtic. 

42 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Steven Gerrard has found a way to play against them, and they don’t know how to cope with it.

Rangers didn’t allow them to play because of the way they were set up, and because their players all worked harder all over the pitch.

Rangers looked fitter and sharper too.

For Rangers, though, they have to come back with the same mentality they ended the decade with. If they do that then they can really take the title race to the wire.

That's the extent of the praise offered in our direction as far as I can see. After the performance last week and our season as a whole I think we deserve far more than that. 

18 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Steven Gerrard has found a way to play against them, and they don’t know how to cope with it.

Rangers didn’t allow them to play because of the way they were set up, and because their players all worked harder all over the pitch.

For Rangers, though, they have to come back with the same mentality they ended the decade with. If they do that then they can really take the title race to the wire.

That's the extent of the praise offered in our direction as far as I can see. After the performance last week and our season as a whole I think we deserve far more than that. 

I get what you’re saying, but ramping up the pressure on them and turning their fans against them will be just as crucial going in to the second half. 
Our players will already be on a high...we don’t need media coverage to add to that. But if they can implode on February, which I think is their hard fixture month, then it will take the pressure off of us.

1 hour ago, BerlinBear said:

I get what you’re saying, but ramping up the pressure on them and turning their fans against them will be just as crucial going in to the second half. 
Our players will already be on a high...we don’t need media coverage to add to that. But if they can implode on February, which I think is their hard fixture month, then it will take the pressure off of us.

Absolutely.  There have been far too few pundits/journos willing to stick the boot into the tims over the past few years.  Now, finally, the shoe is on the other foot and they’re getting a taste of the kind of treatment we’ve endured.  

Keep it up Boydy and keep calling them out for the shite that they are. And who knows, such treatment/talk may even give other teams greater belief that they can actually take points off celtic.  All good as far as I’m concerned.

Blumhoilann likes this

1 hour ago, KBOO72 said:

You’re a hard man to please then.

KBOO72 likes this

1 hour ago, KBOO72 said:

No he doesn't. A couple of lines in an article that size isn't anywhere near enough for me. It's secondary praise in an article about celtic. 

How can it be secondary praise when the article is about them not being able to combat us by simply splashing the cash, so praise that we have come so far on a much reduced budget. The article isn’t simply about us it’s a comparison of the 2 clubs and will leave the fenian spitting feathers because it paints a very harsh picture of where they are in comparison to use. 

I don’t see much wrong with his article at all, in fact it’s what we’ve pretty much said all along in here, they aren’t that good and when pressure is put on the place will implode.  Since their defeat, their mhanky fans have spewed pish about how they will spend their billions in January and will prove too strong.  That’s shite talk and Boyd knows it as well as us and, finally, someone in the mhedia calls it for what it is.  They have more loanees  in their squad than we do and, given they were bought by their parent clubs for millions means they are paying hefty wages and a hefty loan fee. It’s also a fair assessment that their wage bill is monstrous and is another reason why they can’t spend as much as what their deluded bunch think.  Man City are also a prime example of you just can’t buy a title every season and at some point, a better TEAM will come along and win the title.