Morelos Red...

Leeds_Bear

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

Hmmm. I’m not listening on the gretest headphones but I can’t hear any grunts. I hope that isn’t the best evidence we have, frankly.

I gather that there is other evidence from the time he was sent off, and I think that's the focus of the club's attention. I haven't seen that video though. 

11 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Ah okay.

Must say im not 100% convinced that is someone shouting 'monkey'. Sounds a bit more like someone shouting 'Mon Then' to me, but could be wrong.

Ive not seen the other one, but 'Black Bastard' is pretty hard to mishear, so think they are guilty.

8 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Hmmm. I’m not listening on the greatest headphones but I can’t hear any grunts. I hope that isn’t the best evidence we have, frankly.

Well this is what the journalist Peter A Smith says, so the evidence on one or other of the videos must be strong -

Peter A Smith ✔ @PeterAdamSmith

I’ve seen the video of racist and sectarian insults being shouted at Alfredo Morelos yesterday. It has been sent to me but I am not sharing it because it doesn’t deserve the platform. It is horrendous and it needs to be stamped out by all clubs and by all reasonable fans quickly.

4 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Hmmm. I’m not listening on the greatest headphones but I can’t hear any grunts. I hope that isn’t the best evidence we have, frankly.

Watch the other video of him walking off & being called a black bastard! 

Cutting though all the shite, Alfie is a hero. He's done well to put up with all the shite he gets. From the abuse from so called fellow pros, to officials and oppo fans alike, both on and off the park. His manager sees it, his team mates see it. The whole fucking world sees it, but he's the one who's left to deal with it.

He's been a revelation and the haters can't cope with it. 

Time the board went to war in his defence and in defence of th club, as it doesn't stop at Alfie.

Our board need to keep on the front foot on this and show this corrupt backwater for what it is, otherwise we risk being cheated out of this title and if the treatment of Alfie wasn't bad enough, it will only get worse, to them really pushing him too far. I think Gerrard sees it and hence our recent calling it out. We need to follow it up and go all the way.

5 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

That not the potential punishment for the gestures? Just thinking Shay Logan got that when he did it.

No he already was due to miss the Scottish Cup game I believe, misses a game for this red card & another from a past red card (which was a 2 game suspended sentence I think)

4 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Aye, Black bastard as plain as day there.

At which point? I’m not trying to be difficult, but I hear H** bastard and orange bastard. Obviously bad enough, but if we are saying racism it has to be pretty damn clear. I hear both phrases I mentioned above about 3 times but no ‘black bastard’. What time do you hear it? I should point out that I’m in my late 40s and have probably got rubbish hearing compared to younger folk.

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

At which point? I’m not trying to be difficult, but I hear H** bastard and orange bastard. Obviously bad enough, but if we are saying racism it has to be pretty damn clear. I hear both phrases I mentioned abound about 3 times but no ‘black bastard’.

It’s there mate. No argument. Listen again. 

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

At which point? I’m not trying to be difficult, but I hear H** bastard and orange bastard. Obviously bad enough, but if we are saying racism it has to be pretty damn clear. I hear both phrases I mentioned above about 3 times but no ‘black bastard’.

7 seconds

You seem to be doing your best to rubbish this here...

14 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Cutting though all the shite, Alfie is a hero. He's done well to put up with all the shite he gets. From the abuse from so called fellow pros, to officials and oppo fans alike, both on and off the park. His manager sees it, his team mates see it. The whole fucking world sees it, but he's the one who's left to deal with it.

He's been a revelation and the haters can't cope with it. 

Time the board went to war in his defence and in defence of th club, as it doesn't stop at Alfie.

Our board need to keep on the front foot on this and show this corrupt backwater for what it is, otherwise we risk being cheated out of this title and if the treatment of Alfie wasn't bad enough, it will only get worse, to them really pushing him too far. I think Gerrard sees it and hence our recent calling it out. We need to follow it up and go all the way.

Wee man has some set of cojones standing up to all this.  Such a strong character. 

To add, we have got scum fc and the SFA by the short and curlies on the racial and sectarian abuse of Alfie.

Popcorn teeth had already served notice that he would take his players off the park if it happened to them. In my world what he was really meant and serving notice on, was that if getting humped by us he would have his crew off, real abuse or not, as is his mo and I am confident he will go down that route if getting humped at Ibrox, so watch this space on that.

Now for us, we can also serve same notice and with better cause due to the Alfie incident and let every club and the SFA know, very publicly and in no uncertain terms the consequences of any further abuse.

17 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

7 seconds

You seem to be doing your best to rubbish this here...

Seriously? You think I’m pretending it isn’t there? 

What I hear from the start is:

“(something something) orange bastard“

“Away ye go ya Orange bastard”

”H** bastard”

As I say - they are bang to rights on that. No question. But I have listened about 20 times and genuinely cannot hear ‘black bastard’. Seriously. Perhaps my hearing isn’t great, as I mentioned.

I hope you aren’t suggesting I’m one of them because I don’t hear what you hear. They should be hammered for this. However if we say they are saying one unacceptable thing when it is actually a different unacceptable thing then our argument is weakened.

44 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

That not the potential punishment for the gestures? Just thinking Shay Logan got that when he did it.

There is a cup game in there too from the cup game red he got against Aberdeen last season. And two games in the league. 

14 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Seriously? You think I’m pretending it isn’t there? 

What I hear from the start is:

“(something something) orange bastard“

“Away ye go ya Orange bastard”

”H** bastard”

As I say - they are bang to rights on that. No question. But I have listened about 20 times and genuinely cannot hear ‘black bastard’. Seriously. Perhaps my hearing isn’t great, as I mentioned.

I hope you aren’t suggesting I’m one of them because I don’t hear what you hear. They should be hammered for this. However if we say they are saying one unacceptable thing when it is actually a different unacceptable thing then our argument is weakened.

I think you are being reasonable enough. I have listened to one of the videos and am clear about what I hear. Still to listen to the other one. You are right about the need for the evidence to be beyond doubt though. I take comfort from the fact that a journalist with no axe to grind is clear about the evidence. 

55 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Would they try this stunt in front of a full Ibrox ?

That’s far worse than what Morelos did to brown to pick up his first yellow. They’re fuckin shit scared of him and all they cling on to is he hasn’t scored against them.

Archived