VAR

TamCoopz

Get it too fuck, maybe if we had it today it would’ve given us more decisions but watching these games in the premiership now is torture, far too inconsistent with decisions.

end of the day it’s still a guy in a room making the decision based on what the technology is telling him and they still get it wrong 

4 hours ago, TamCoopz said:

Get it too fuck, maybe if we had it today it would’ve given us more decisions but watching these games in the premiership now is torture, far too inconsistent with decisions.

end of the day it’s still a guy in a room making the decision based on what the technology is telling him and they still get it wrong 

No goal in cup final and no goal today with var so what’s not to like.

Just now, Dickie said:

Still has to get reviewed by so called professionals, no way the incompetent fucks get it correct up here even after viewing several angles 

23 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

2 examples of it being shite in recent days, disallowed wolves goal today and disallowed Norwich goal against spurs, 

The offsides are ridiculous. I quite liked Souness idea earlier that if any part of the attacker is level it’s onside, would stop so many goals being ruled out.

3 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

The offsides are ridiculous. I quite liked Souness idea earlier that if any part of the attacker is level it’s onside, would stop so many goals being ruled out.

I think it’s got to just be done by where your feet are positioned, the handball in the wolves game was ridiculous, was like half the guys hand that looked off. Definitely agree with the souness idea 

Just now, TamCoopz said:

I think it’s got to just be done by where your feet are positioned, the handball in the wolves game was ridiculous, was like half the guys hand that looked off. Definitely agree with the souness idea 

Yeh heard the feet one this weekend but the trouble is you’ll still get the ones like Zaha yesterday where the tip of the toe rules him offside. I don’t know what the best way to do it is but something has to change because at the moment it seems the only way to be sure your onside is to keep yourself a step behind the defender which is ridiculous!

The problem with the offsides isn't VAR but the new version of the offside rule - The FA and VAR are just implementing the new rules ruthlessly.

Look at Pukki's goal against Spurs. If VAR didn't exist and the goal gets given - not a single person thinks that goal is in any way controversial or debatable. He looked (at least to my eye) about 50cm onside under last seasons interpretation of offside.

Make the rule that all of the attackers leading foot must be completely ahead of the defenders trailing foot, or at least something easier to follow. Or even go back to the old rule and allow a judgement call based on the line of the last man. The current rule is impossible to impliment at all levels of football.

What chance does a linesman have in real time when a variant of the hawkeye system struggles to make it clear?

9 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The offsides are fucking stupid, never mind some fouls they don’t see or give

Honestly the Norwich one against spurs the other night was ridiculous mate, guy comes back from offside but when the ball was played he looked well on to me 

On 29/12/2019 at 21:45, Dickie said:

You think with the cunts we have up here that's how it would work? They would use it to scrutinise every goal we score to see how to chop it and find any excuse to help celtic.

Tbh the issue with VAR is that they’re not using it right. The guidance note about clear and obvious that is to be re-issued is bang on the money. If you need 3D models drawing lines using a dozen cameras to find offside then it isn’t clear & obvious. 

Introduce a “linesman’s call” margin for error of a few inches or whatever where the system doesn’t interfere.

The issue stems from the fact that the offside rule wasn’t designed with the intention that it could be looked at like this. Where it is that close there’s no advantage to the attacker anyway.

Archived