74% win rate so far this season

beararse

38 games played

28 wins

7 draws

3 defeats

Not too shabby, especially when you consider the teams we’ve faced in the Europa League.

Plus we should have won 2 of those 3 defeats  (Young Boys away and the League Cup Final) and we threw away at least two of the draws too.

In the last 4 or 5 weeks we have played away in Porto, Rotterdam, Hibs, Motherwell, Aberdeen & the Scum and not lost any. Those are not easy venues, The only loss was Hampden where we were cheated. 

When people were saying way back that December would be make or break then I would say this team passed the test quite well.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

In the last 4 or 5 weeks we have played away in Porto, Rotterdam, Hibs, Motherwell, Aberdeen & the Scum and not lost any. Those are not easy venues, The only loss was Hampden where we were cheated. 

When people were saying way back that December would be make or break then I would say this team passed the test quite well.

I would say we passed those tests with flying colours with all due respect mate.

There was hysteria on here after the League Cup final but that competition was never a priority.  Since then we’ve qualified for the last 32 of the Europa and won the Old Firm league game at Parkhead.  I’d have bitten your hand off for that a few weeks ago.  It’s been a fantastic first half of the season.

I can only hope we get another 50 points from the next 19 league fixtures and we then lift the trophy.  Getting beyond Braga in to the last 16 would just be icing on the cake.  I don’t give a fuck about the Scottish Cup.

2 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

Currently sitting at an 84% win rate in the league which no Rangers team has managed to keep up since 1901. It'll be extremely tough to keep up but these stats just back up how good a job Gerrard has done!

Was 1901 when we won every league game?

The turn around in performances so far under Gerrard is frightening. I still have nightmares about our games when Pedro was in charge. Even when we draw/lose, us fans generally come out feeling gutted that we didn’t win which tells a story. Rarely outplayed, even by top teams.

Based on everything Gerrard’s said to date, we know he’s a winner and he’s obviously drilling that mentality into the minds of our players. The coaching staffs methods should bear fruit by the end of the season 👍🏼

2 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

Currently sitting at an 84% win rate in the league which no Rangers team has managed to keep up since 1901. It'll be extremely tough to keep up but these stats just back up how good a job Gerrard has done!

If Rangers can keep the current league form going we’ll finish the season with 100 points.  Who would’ve thought that possible at the start of the season? 

1 hour ago, TMB said:

If Rangers can keep the current league form going we’ll finish the season with 100 points.  Who would’ve thought that possible at the start of the season? 

It would be quite incredible. I had no doubts about 90+ but 100 would be amazing considering we've never hit it.

It's just amazing to watch the development of this side. Every 6 month block under Gerrard there has been improvement and there's no reason why we can't expect to keep this level up for the rest of the campaign!

Archived