Club 1872 statement on the weekend

RFC55

Hadn't read the article in the Sun 

That's some fucking statement from the Lucas guy.

“The question is why is he doing these things and I think you need to investigate his background to discover that.

“It could be a cultural thing. The Uruguayan, Luis Suarez, used to frequently bite opponents and Diego Maradona’s Hand of God goal against England was celebrated rather than condemned in Argentina.

“You see referees being attacked by players in South America, so it could be it’s a cultural problem and that Morelos doesn’t necessarily consider what he’s doing is wrong.

“He tends to lash out whenever he feels an injustice has been done to him, but he needs to learn, needs to be told, we don’t do that here.”

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rangers#1 said:

“The question is why is he doing these things and I think you need to investigate his background to discover that.

“It could be a cultural thing. The Uruguayan, Luis Suarez, used to frequently bite opponents and Diego Maradona’s Hand of God goal against England was celebrated rather than condemned in Argentina.

“You see referees being attacked by players in South America, so it could be it’s a cultural problem and that Morelos doesn’t necessarily consider what he’s doing is wrong.

“He tends to lash out whenever he feels an injustice has been done to him, but he needs to learn, needs to be told, we don’t do that here.”

That Lucas guy they used has a twitter that is full of sevco this and sevco that. 

Oh and he's a Republican. 

Canae beat an impartial expert 

Some of the media poison  from the usual sources has been toned down somewhat,Editors getting a bit twitchy .

I wondered why it was muted and a bit more thought out..the thought of litigation can work wonders ,well done Club 1872.

Important to stop and directly challenge certain self important  hacks and haters, knuckledraggers just like the fans they pour derision on,in their tracks.

Great statement by C1872 highlights what we have all known for years. Hopefully they will dig up the necessary evidence and present it to the press standards people nad also to the police. Then lets see how unbiased the press and the law is in Scotland.

16 hours ago, Rangers#1 said:

Where is any of that relevant to Morelos? GTF Lucas ya w**ker 😞

I sincerely hope the Club have lawyers looking at that article as it completely untrue and a complete misrepresentation of Alfie.

16 hours ago, Rangers#1 said:

That article in itself is racist towards not only Alfredo but South American folk as a whole.

24 minutes ago, bornabear said:

That article in itself is racist towards not only Alfredo but South American folk as a whole.

What an absolute wanker that Lucas guy is. Surely our Club has our legal team checking that out and hopefully take them on in court.  😠

Just now, Bears r us said:

What an absolute wanker that Lucas guy is. Surely our Club has our legal team checking that out and hopefully take them on in court.  😠

I would like to think so Bru, but unfortunately as shown in the recent past the board are only strong when defending themselves or their relatives.

Club 1872’s statement is excellent but it would have been 100 times more effective if it had the board stamp on it as well.  

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I would like to think so Bru, but unfortunately as shown in the recent past the board are only strong when defending themselves or their relatives.

Club 1872’s statement is excellent but it would have been 100 times more effective if it had the board stamp on it as well.  

Difference this time is it’s the clubs most valuable asset that they need to be protecting.  Failure to do that would be a dereliction of a directors duty imo. 

9 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

You know Sparkle , I wouldn't rule that out . There could well have been some influence there and it lets C1872 a license to go further than Rangers , as a club , could . 

Im not anyone ' in the know ' btw , just my own opinion on this . 

18 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

We need to make it clear that the club will not tolerate such slanderous behaviour from so called journalists and so called “experts” and that our days of dignified silence is over.  Maybe once we do that then the free for all will be curbed.

17 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I could not agree more S, but I did not want to say that earlier because I have never been a fan of the board using C1872 for this kind of thing, but being in the minority sometimes it is best roll with it.  :happy:

The great feeling of beating them at their midden is still making me very happy. :thumbsup: 

18 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The next few months are going to be wild. The next OF game will be poison. Looking forward to it 😂 

13 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Genuinely feels like the hatred from the 90s is coming back and I, for one, am all for it 😂

Somebody on here a couple of years ago says he dreads them because of the poison surrounding it, couldn't understand it the, and still can't.

5 minutes ago, jintybear said:

We need to make it clear that the club will not tolerate such slanderous behaviour from so called journalists and so called “experts” and that our days of dignified silence is over.  Maybe once we do that then the free for all will be curbed.

I very much agree Jinty, I think it also needs to come direct from our Club, while this from C 1872 is fine, it can never carry much weight IMO.

The statement form Robertson was great, but we all remember what happened after the Hivs cup final, there cannot be any stepping back now. :thumbup:

17 hours ago, Rangers#1 said:

Christie grabs Big Buffs bollocks , it’s the celtic way.  

Archived