Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
corkinator

Confidence

Recommended Posts

I think we’ve been excellent for pretty much the whole season so far.

i felt ultra confident heading into Sunday’s game, so much so I texted my mate after the hibs game and said we would beat them. 
 

anyway my point is, was this the most confident you felt facing them away from home? 


 

 

 

 

TopCat and Copeland1983 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Bruno's Manbun said:

In the last 7 years. Yes. 

Yeah, I should have said in the last 8/9 years.

during the early 90s and advocaats time it was no competition most games. Which was nice! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, corkinator said:

Yeah, I should have said in the last 8/9 years.

during the early 90s and advocaats time it was no competition most games. Which was nice! 

To be honest mate . it was always difficult in OF games , even when we thumped them . They turned us over on many occasions

We are hopefully back to the days , when we regularly match or better them , unlike the last 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes that was the most confident I have felt facing them in the last 8\9 years.It was definitely the cup final game which made this so. As disappointing and gutting as the result was, it showed that we are the much better team. Also shows what a pathetic manager that rat lenon is. Useless pig of a man who will now crumple under the pressure along with his team.

geneva_ger likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

To be honest mate . it was always difficult in OF games , even when we thumped them . They turned us over on many occasions

We are hopefully back to the days , when we regularly match or better them , unlike the last 4

Honestly I remember going into these games KNOWING they were getting a doing. 😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, corkinator said:

Honestly I remember going into these games KNOWING they were getting a doing. 😂😂😂

maybe 25% of them . Give you that . It does seem so long ago mate . I forgotten that dominance :hmmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to say I wasn't confident , simply down to being let down by various Rangers teams in the past.

Mentality was our biggest obstacle and that hurdle has well and truly been jumped.

I just hope we don't lose any important players during the window as I believe we will now go from strength to strength 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was confident before the game and during it and even when they got the pen I immediately thought of shagger saving against smarmyass and I had believed he would save it.  I thought at ht just keep playing our good football and we would be rewarded which we were. I also believed Arfield would come on late to battle through and keep our lead. I knew this game was ours but it’s now a spring board as we need to win every game until we play them at Ibrox to which I’m sure Alfredo will be getting his goals.

geneva_ger likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funnily enough I was more confident going to parkhead after the LCF than before it .

I felt after that performance we had more than a good chance of beating them - not only did the LCF  give our players confidence , it would also have cast doubt into theirs too . 

BILLYBOY50 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 We should be confident we're winning games at a rate a lot of great Rangers sides haven't even managed.

 Right now we've won as many league games as Advocaat's 99-2000 side (also dropped 7 points after 19) and McLeish's 02-03 side though they hadn't lost by this point and the same goes for the 67-68 team who didn't lose until the last day and lost the league. These are the only 3 Rangers sides to match the 2019-20 side after 19 games from 1955 when 34+ game seasons started.

I stand by the fact that right now Rangers are the only team that can beat celtic or Rangers!

psb07158, corkinator and Widget like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, corkinator said:

I think we’ve been excellent for pretty much the whole season so far.

i felt ultra confident heading into Sunday’s game, so much so I texted my mate after the hibs game and said we would beat them. 
 

anyway my point is, was this the most confident you felt facing them away from home? 


 

 

 

 

I was very confident and predicted a 2-1 win. My only complaint is it should have been 2-0 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

 We should be confident we're winning games at a rate a lot of great Rangers sides haven't even managed.

 Right now we've won as many league games as Advocaat's 99-2000 side (also dropped 7 points after 19) and McLeish's 02-03 side though they hadn't lost by this point and the same goes for the 67-68 team who didn't lose until the last day and lost the league. These are the only 3 Rangers sides to match the 2019-20 side after 19 games from 1955 when 34+ game seasons started.

I stand by the fact that right now Rangers are the only team that can beat celtic or Rangers!

I agree with this

We're so far ahead of the other teams in the league (as are the filth) that I'd genuinely be surprised if either of us drop points in the run up to the next OF at Ibrox

SIRB_72 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can usually tell in the first 5mins if our team is up for it just by how composed and relaxed the players look.

If we look nervous and struggle to control the ball and compete simple passes I start to worry. 

In the LCF and Of game there we were really on it and should have won both games. 

dougie76 and Widget like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I genuinely think we've got their number now...our only enemy is complacency and slipping up, dropping points when teams park the bus against us. We will drop points and have some scares but so will they...pressure is on them now to respond. I think by end of Feb we'll have opened up a 5 point gap and Lennon will be in meltdown.

corkinator likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bluebell82 said:

I genuinely think we've got their number now...our only enemy is complacency and slipping up, dropping points when teams park the bus against us. We will drop points and have some scares but so will they...pressure is on them now to respond. I think by end of Feb we'll have opened up a 5 point gap and Lennon will be in meltdown.

I don't think complacency will get us but I do think every manager in the league outside of the OF will be studying the Kilmarnock game in absolute awe of their anti-football and will look to replicate it against us. Wouldn't surprise me to see 10 man defensive walls in every game up until the split. Regardless of how good your players are, it's always difficult to beat a GK while shooting through 4 or 5 bodies standing directly in front of you who are throwing out every limb and supplemented by a referee who can't/won't see the clear handballs or fouls anywhere around their box. This team definitely has the ability and the confidence needed to win the league and we as fans need to not get frustrated by any opponents negative tactics and transfer it down onto our players. 

We know Lennon can't handle pressure. Let's see how they respond to our challenge.

bluebell82 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just need to keep winning. I've always thought Lennon would eventually destroy that team, so have hated watching their level of consistency as in most seasons we'd be clear with our form. I'm hoping the meltdown starts now and they don't go and win another 11 games on the spin like they did after Livingston. Hopefully they draw at Killie and we go top on goal difference with a game in hand.

Its on us now.......keep winning, be relentless.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...