When you see Clancy's cheating like this it truly is staggering.

Bristoe1872

Last one I can remember was Morelos’s offside goal against Hearts last season and they still go on about it.

They have quite clearly had a better run of it with refs for a very long time.

There can be as much back and forth as you like but the facts are there - a quick follow of this account will show you all you need to know.

Conspiracy, paranoia, poor officiating or just their constant pressure of refs - whatever you want to call it, they clearly get a better deal from almost every referee. 

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve said it before....There is NO conspiracy against us.  

However, an environment has developed (perhaps even deliberately cultivated) in Scottish football where there is a genuine hatred because Rangers are “cheats”.  This is despite virtually every other in the country doing the same things with respect to creative accounting to maximise the amount of money staying in their club.  But Rangers are the only club that it’s been spun and spun with the intention of portraying us as the biggest cheats ever.  That’s only us, meanwhile......

celtic and their cheerleaders have screamed discrimination, bigotry, racism, the lodge and the establishment has been conspiring against them forever and they’ve never been allowed to fulfil  their true potential as a result.  As they’ve got more and more of their likeminded people in places of influence within the game, in the MSM and politics, it’s emboldened them further to push the discrimination rhetoric to the point it’s almost now universally agreed it’s true, and any decision, sporting or otherwise that does not benefit them directly, then there’s a real possibility of press or political outcry which inevitably leads to at best trolling or harassment or at worst threats and violence.  We’ve all seen it.  

So, to me it’s not a conspiracy but more an unconscious bias that’s developed in officialdom where there’s an acceptance that Rangers are cheats and don’t deserve anything...and when there’s a high risk of ramifications against you if you’re seen to be “unfair” to them ( or too fair to Rangers), then it isn’t really a surprise that the human condition of self-preservation kicks in and an official does the easy thing and takes the path of least resistance.  

Don’t know if this has been mentioned anywhere else but watching the highlights again the only reason Katic pulls Juliens shirt for the pen is just before Julien makes his run he has his arms on Katic chest and just as he runs pushes him back allowing him to get a yard in front. Katic then pulls at him to try stop him getting to the ball first. If Clancy was watching the pair of them that closely as has been suggested how did he not see Juliens push first? 

51 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Don’t know if this has been mentioned anywhere else but watching the highlights again the only reason Katic pulls Juliens shirt for the pen is just before Julien makes his run he has his arms on Katic chest and just as he runs pushes him back allowing him to get a yard in front. Katic then pulls at him to try stop him getting to the ball first. If Clancy was watching the pair of them that closely as has been suggested how did he not see Juliens push first? 

Good spot mate.......... and what about Joe Aribo having his jersey pulled? Shocking display from the ref.

57 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

If Clancy was watching the pair of them that closely as has been suggested how did he not see Juliens push first? 

Quite literally and as previously suggested, during the course of that game Clancy only saw what he wanted to see...

1 hour ago, coopsleftboot said:

However, an environment has developed (perhaps even deliberately cultivated) in Scottish football where there is a genuine hatred because Rangers are “cheats”.  This is despite virtually every other in the country doing the same things with respect to creative accounting to maximise the amount of money staying in their club.  But Rangers are the only club that it’s been spun and spun with the intention of portraying us as the biggest cheats ever.  That’s only us, meanwhile......

celtic and their cheerleaders have screamed discrimination, bigotry, racism, the lodge and the establishment has been conspiring against them forever and they’ve never been allowed to fulfil  their true potential as a result.  As they’ve got more and more of their likeminded people in places of influence within the game, in the MSM and politics, it’s emboldened them further to push the discrimination rhetoric to the point it’s almost now universally agreed it’s true, and any decision, sporting or otherwise that does not benefit them directly, then there’s a real possibility of press or political outcry which inevitably leads to at best trolling or harassment or at worst threats and violence.  We’ve all seen it.  

So, to me it’s not a conspiracy but more an unconscious bias that’s developed in officialdom where there’s an acceptance that Rangers are cheats and don’t deserve anything...and when there’s a high risk of ramifications against you if you’re seen to be “unfair” to them ( or too fair to Rangers), then it isn’t really a surprise that the human condition of self-preservation kicks in and an official does the easy thing and takes the path of least resistance.  

That's a good post mate but it is hard not to look past Clancy's blatant cheating last week.

12 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

I cant believe how low key this has been in the press about his terrible performance oh wait a minute I know why.. . Its cause they are all Tim's 

It's because theyve successfully made it all about cut throat and shooting gestures.

5 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

Take your unconscious bias and stick it. You sound like your ok with the shite that’s going against us and making excuses and defending the media,the refs, the SFA and SPFL. Also an environment that has been deliberately cultivated as you said. Sounds like conspiracy to me. 

On 04/01/2020 at 00:35, Getstiffed said:

I've stuck the fuckwit on ignore but people keep quoting him see I ended up reading his shite anyway. 

Should block him then, pal.

On 04/01/2020 at 10:19, ger4life_1872 said:

Ffs just ignore him , he hadn't posted for ages until ppl start tagging him , he was always gonna come out with the same shite , it was obvious how this thread would go once ppl got a reaction out of him 

Exactly, it’s boring as fuck.

People do it then greet about what he says when they know what he’ll say. 

13 hours ago, Brubear said:

Actually if we had been awarded the penalty instead of a free kick on the edge of the box in the Aberdeen game we may well have won all league games in Dec. Agreed we should never have got ourself in the position to need a penalty but once we were we had every right to expect the ref to get a decision like that correct. We could easily end up losing the league by 1 point. 

We also did not lose the cup final purely because of referees - we missed a penalty, they had a man sent off and still we could not score. Bad offside decision for their goal but we see them all the time ( hence vat calls) . I see no bias when we get a penalty and they get a man sent off - we needed a wee rub of luck but ref never lost us the final. 

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

We also did not lose the cup final purely because of referees - we missed a penalty, they had a man sent off and still we could not score. Bad offside decision for their goal but we see them all the time ( hence vat calls) . I see no bias when we get a penalty and they get a man sent off - we needed a wee rub of luck but ref never lost us the final. 

The ref was correct to award a penalty for our player being impeded. He was also correct to send the player off per the rule book as he made no genuine effort to play the ball. Both correct decisions.

Their goal came from an unjust decision. We were also denied a penalty for Brown kicking Alfredo in the box. Two decisions which the ref got wrong, which went against us.

No big decisions made by the ref were wrong and went in our favour. A bit like Sunday where even more incorrect decisions were made, all of which went against us.

No issues with refs getting decisions right whether for or against. That's why I was delighted in the cup final, but had no cause for complaint with the Katic pen or Morelos 2nd yellow in the league game.

But the wrong big decisions over both games are now approx 10 against, 0 for. That's not purely incompetence as much as you want to believe it to be. 

14 hours ago, lidorfc said:

I'm actually with BP9 here I dont think there is this massive overarching conspiracy against the club. But I do think the relentless negative press against the club over the past 8 years has had a noticable impact on how Rangers are treated, as a club and as a fanbase. Never has the term "no one likes us, we don't care" ever been so true, unfortunately it's gotten to the point where you kinda have to care because there is clear bias at play.

I think referees know if they give bad decisions against us they will be fine and wont be slaughtered by the media but if they give any decision considered poor by them even if it's right the media glare falls on them and they get slaughtered for weeks.

we have to take a tougher stance on these constant fuck ups against us by refs.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The ref was correct to award a penalty for our player being impeded. He was also correct to send the player off per the rule book as he made no genuine effort to play the ball. Both correct decisions.

Their goal came from an unjust decision. We were also denied a penalty for Brown kicking Alfredo in the box. Two decisions which the ref got wrong, which went against us.

No decisions made by the ref were wrong and went in our favour. A bit like Sunday where even more incorrect decisions were made, all of which went against us.

No issues with refs getting decisions right whether for or against. That's why I was delighted in the cup final, but had no cause for complaint with the Katic pen or Morelos 2nd yellow in the league game.

But the wrong big decisions over both games are now approx 10 against, 0 for. That's not purely incompetence as much as you want to believe it to be. 

OMG - that’s why I don’t debate you - you are so paranoid you probably think that is a reasonable post and not what it really is, extreme paranoia! If you were religious you would probably take the 'prove god is not real stance’ the same way you have taken a prove their is no bias stance! :lol: 
for the avoidance of doubt that is me laughing at you! 

12 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

OMG - that’s why I don’t debate you - you are so paranoid you probably think that is a reasonable post and not what it really is, extreme paranoia! If you were religious you would probably take the 'prove god is not real stance’ the same way you have taken a prove their is no bias stance! :lol: 
for the avoidance of doubt that is me laughing at you! 

So I never see things when given against us... yet i accept a penalty and red card. I see things with only blue tinted specs yet you dont counter them on a thread you say reeks of paranoia. I accept refs decisions for and against when CORRECT, you seem to believe because we get some correct decisions that proves refs aren't biased against us. 😂

I ask you to back up your pov with examples and now you deflect to religion 😂 Extreme paranoia yet you refuse to discuss the incidents with any poster. 😂 

You may well be laughing at me. Seems to me most of the forum posters who comment believe there is clear bias against us, you're the only poster who says otherwise (refusing to back it up in any way) which is why you're ridiculed on here 😂 

Note again to self - dont feed that bloody troll.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

A penalty that should have been retaken as Lurch was a yard off his line when the ball was struck yet the ref managed to miss that as well

1 minute ago, soulboy said:

A penalty that should have been retaken as Lurch was a yard off his line when the ball was struck yet the ref managed to miss that as well

Worse was that Julien encroached into the box as the kick was taken then blocked the ball. When that happens rules state it is a retake.

8 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Take your unconscious bias and stick it. You sound like your ok with the shite that’s going against us and making excuses and defending the media,the refs, the SFA and SPFL. Also an environment that has been deliberately cultivated as you said. Sounds like conspiracy to me. 

You might be able to call it a conspiracy if the match officials were in on it, but I don’t think they are.  It’s the pressure they’re under through influences I’ve described that’s unconsciously affecting the decision making.  

19 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

You might be able to call it a conspiracy if the match officials were in on it, but I don’t think they are.  It’s the pressure they’re under through influences I’ve described that’s unconsciously affecting the decision making.  

I too think its largely unconscious bias. Though I do think with Clancy and others theres a conscious bias against Morelos / Rangers.

But I wouldnt be surprised if the non transparent CO procedure is indeed driven based on what is edited by the Rangers hating media. And I see no signs of supervisors penalising poor refs for their poor decisions / bias, quite the opposite with Clancy getting the OF game.  So if the refs, their overseers and the retrospective element all work unjustly and unfavourably for all things Rangers, then how much more is needed before we accept the whole system is corrupt - "conspiracy" or otherwise?

Any conspiracy has its root in the tarrier boardroom ,Media friends sensationalism on Rangers puts pressure on the refs ,cup final day TLB in the paper asking the ref not to cost them the cup ,a good example ,the Morelos saga last new year game another and the 5 penalty game are just examples 

The campaign against refs 10 years ago led to a compliance system dreamt up by a Lieswell controlled SFA ,

Through pressure they have a system in place that gives them all the 50/50s and more 

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I have never supported the bias theory, but I do despair that we often appear to be on the wrong end of bad decisions, especially match changing big decisions which should be easy to see. For example on the cup final you quote three big decisions 2 in out favour, 1 in theirs. The 2 in our favour were actually correct so the only error in the three was to our detriment. 

I expect referees to get some decisions wrong, even big ones but some are less forgivable than others. The offside in the cup final should not have been missed as it was from a set piece. However, their goal on ge 29th I accept it was hard to see what part of the body the ball hit and unless the ref is clear it is a hand ball he needs to give the goal. His assistant was on the wrong side to help him. If however he saw it hit the hand but was not up to date on the new rule that is unforgivable. Only Clancy will know that and if it was the latter he will never admit it. 

3 hours ago, Brubear said:

I have never supported the bias theory, but I do despair that we often appear to be on the wrong end of bad decisions, especially match changing big decisions which should be easy to see. For example on the cup final you quote three big decisions 2 in out favour, 1 in theirs. The 2 in our favour were actually correct so the only error in the three was to our detriment. 

I expect referees to get some decisions wrong, even big ones but some are less forgivable than others. The offside in the cup final should not have been missed as it was from a set piece. However, their goal on ge 29th I accept it was hard to see what part of the body the ball hit and unless the ref is clear it is a hand ball he needs to give the goal. His assistant was on the wrong side to help him. If however he saw it hit the hand but was not up to date on the new rule that is unforgivable. Only Clancy will know that and if it was the latter he will never admit it. 

He was clear. The trajectory (☺) from ball being kicked from the ground goes straight to Eduards hand. His sight line is clear. Tav claimed it immediately and commentators said at the time Gerrard was screaming from the side it was a handball. 

I'll give him credit for his positioning, why he then didnt make the right call only he will know and we are left questioning.

20200106_134924.jpg

17 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He was clear. The trajectory (☺) from ball being kicked from the ground goes straight to Eduards hand. His sight line is clear. Tav claimed it immediately and commentators said at the time Gerrard was screaming from the side it was a handball. 

I'll give him credit for his positioning, why he then didnt make the right call only he will know and we are left questioning.

20200106_134924.jpg

Your right ,every Rangers player in the vacinity saw it and claimed for it ,

probably another case of ,aw fuck if I chop that off the windows are going in coz this lot are shite and il get the blame when they get pumped 

28 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Your right ,every Rangers player in the vacinity saw it and claimed for it ,

probably another case of ,aw fuck if I chop that off the windows are going in coz this lot are shite and il get the blame when they get pumped 

TBH, we didn't remonstrate enough, as is the case with most decisions against us. We should be all over the ref's, not that it will change the outcome such is the narrative, but it at least highlights an incident and shows we won't let ref's off the hook.

Archived