When you see Clancy's cheating like this it truly is staggering.

Bristoe1872

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Flanagan was cited last year for same elbow. Got away with it on appeal. Which was spot on in my book. 

So with that precedent set I'd expect brown to get off with it too. Can't reasonably argue Flanagan was hard done to and expect a ban for brown for same thing.

There were 10 other massive bias cheating things going on without adding a very iffy 11th.

I'd rather go after why Clancy apparently booked Brown (he totally did) and then didn't send him off. And the other 9 clusterfucks on top of that. 

Flanagan got downgraded to a yellow, so if the same logic applied with brown then he would have received 2 yellows which would mean a red and a ban

last 2 years

celtic
- fined £7500
celtic Employees
- Christie - 2 game ban
- scott brown - not proven

Rangers
- fined £7500
- Charge 1 - Breach of Disciplinary Rule 72: Proved. £5000 fine.
- Charge 2 - Breach of Disciplinary Rule 71: Not Proved.
- Charge 3 - Breach of Disciplinary Rule 77: Proved. £1000 fine.
- Charge 4 - Breach of Disciplinary Rule 1: Not Proved.
- Charge 5 - Withdrawn and dismissed.
- Rangers - Admitted. Censure.
ps Rangers also have Two charges - Ongoing - CAS?

Rangers Employees
jon flannagan - dismissed
steven gerrard - 1 game ban
ryan kent - 2 game ban
morelos - dismissed - original sanction reimposed
alan macgregor - 2 game ban
Candeias - Claim dismissed. Original sanction re-imposed.
Morelos - Claim upheld in part. A2 - Violent Conduct reduced to cautionable offence - B1d - recklessly kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
Morelos - Upheld
Ryan Jack - Player Reference dismissed. Original suspension applied.

Reading this earlier dont know how factual it is but looks pretty spot on, put it here as not sure where to put it.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

last 2 years

celtic
- fined £7500
celtic Employees
- Christie - 2 game ban
- scott brown - not proven

Rangers
- fined £7500
- Charge 1 - Breach of Disciplinary Rule 72: Proved. £5000 fine.
- Charge 2 - Breach of Disciplinary Rule 71: Not Proved.
- Charge 3 - Breach of Disciplinary Rule 77: Proved. £1000 fine.
- Charge 4 - Breach of Disciplinary Rule 1: Not Proved.
- Charge 5 - Withdrawn and dismissed.
- Rangers - Admitted. Censure.
ps Rangers also have Two charges - Ongoing - CAS?

Rangers Employees
jon flannagan - dismissed
steven gerrard - 1 game ban
ryan kent - 2 game ban
alan macgregor - 2 game ban
Candeias - Claim dismissed. Original sanction re-imposed.
Morelos - Claim upheld in part. A2 - Violent Conduct reduced to cautionable offence - B1d - recklessly kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
Morelos - Upheld
Ryan Jack - Player Reference dismissed. Original suspension applied.

Reading this earlier dont know how factual it is but looks pretty spot on, put it here as not sure where to put it.

Weve also had 2 coaches sent off last month, not sure if that's the end of that for them or if they'll be cited.

14 hours ago, BearInTheToon said:

Currently lying in a hospital bed after ACL reconstruction today and just rewatched the game after coming round properly.

Seeing it again only strengthened my view that we CAN’T let this peter out with Clancy, or indeed the likes of brown being cited.

I’m genuinely appalled by the xenophonic and pantomime witch-hunt against Alfie to see him banned/cited while the whole time, there’s been very little peep in the media re Brown being cited or Clancy’s performance. 

The SFA must act on both regards and we can’t let it lie. I really hope the club are being firm and asking for serious answers behind the scenes.

Hope it's gone well mate,get well soon 🙂

19 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Flanagan got downgraded to a yellow, so if the same logic applied with brown then he would have received 2 yellows which would mean a red and a ban

No, you can't escape a booking at the time, get cited and get given a retrospective yellow from the citation.  It would be a ban or nothing. They don't have the option when someone is cited (not booked at time) to dish out a retrospective yellow. 

The difference is that I think Flanagan was booked at the time, they tried to upgrade to a retrospective red, but it was dismissed and the onfield yellow stood. It wasn't a yellow card retrospectively applied.  I think. 

Of course, the ref should have given Brown a yellow at the time in the recent game (and I believe he did and should then have walked 6 mins later but that's a different argument about Clancy's cheating).

Archived