Nico is the answer

lerxst

I love the Croatian lads in the team, raw passion and a fair bit of skill the more these two play together the more goals like Sunday will happen they could be a formidable threat to any team.

Tav Goldson Katic Borna is easily our best back four.  

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, DBBTB said:

That can’t be right. He sold Hutton and Cuellar for a combined 17 million but even with that factored in his net spend would still have been more than 3 million. He signed a lot of players in his second spell for what was decent money at that time - Thomson, McCulloch, Miller, Cuellar, Mendes, Lafferty, Davis, Edu, Bougherra, Velicka, Cousin, Beattie, Jelavic

Think I was just his first season I was thinking about??

Croatian Manager with some interesting comments today ...

“It would be so special for Borna and Niko to play for Croatia in Glasgow [during the European Championships] and that has to be their target,” Dalic told the Daily Record. “I watched them in the Old Firm game and was so pleased for both of them. It was a victory for Rangers but I can tell you we also celebrated in Croatia.”

“Borna Barisic is now the number one left-back in my team and I have watched Niko closely. I considered him for the last game but he wasn’t in the Rangers side but I hope he can maintain his level and he’s in my thoughts for the next game.”

On 02/01/2020 at 05:45, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its not even the backs to the wall stuff, he's played in europe all his life, and in europe they play a good number of build up passes etc to get from A to B, in scotland they launch missiles from A to B and he's constantly bombarded with long direct balls in the air that he looks highly uncomfortabe with, especially when he has a 6ft5 caber tossing lump of brick elbowing fuck out of him all game lol

Like Darcheville?

19 hours ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

Croatian Manager with some interesting comments today ...

“It would be so special for Borna and Niko to play for Croatia in Glasgow [during the European Championships] and that has to be their target,” Dalic told the Daily Record. “I watched them in the Old Firm game and was so pleased for both of them. It was a victory for Rangers but I can tell you we also celebrated in Croatia.”

“Borna Barisic is now the number one left-back in my team and I have watched Niko closely. I considered him for the last game but he wasn’t in the Rangers side but I hope he can maintain his level and he’s in my thoughts for the next game.”

Hope Stevie sees this...

Last season the team started well and finished well. During both phases Katic was in defence. Again this season, we look stronger when he is in the team. For me, he is the first choice CB. Goldson and Helander should be fighting, with Edmundson, to partner him.

We have a long way since Bates was seen as the answer. We have 4 good centre backs and whichever 2 Gerrard picks for a game it's no longer an area of the park that concerns me.

For now I would like us to stick with Goldson and Katic. We have conceded fewer goals in the league this season than any other team but are a million miles away from being described  as a defensive side. The back 5 (McGergor included) are the rock that all stems from.

Barisic will feature at the Euros and every chance that Katic will join him.

Archived