January Transfer window

Ted E Bayer

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

If we could get rid of at least 4/5 players and bring a couple of better quality players in, then it will be a great window.

We have a great chance this year and this window could be decisive. 

I think it’s likely that we will try get rid of 3 or 4 unwanteds before we actually go out and get anyone. 

If we can get rid of Herrera, Grezda, Docherty that would be a good start.

The amount of top quality balls/ crosses into the box we could do with a Mark Hateley type, we shouldn’t be relying on our centre backs for headed goals.

I like Sam Vokes but the trouble with a big striker you don’t get the work rate you would with a Morelos/Defoe. 

Catch 22

30 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

The amount of top quality balls/ crosses into the box we could do with a Mark Hateley type, we shouldn’t be relying on our centre backs for headed goals.

I like Sam Vokes but the trouble with a big striker you don’t get the work rate you would with a Morelos/Defoe. 

Catch 22

Like Sam Cosgrove?

47 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Catch 22

Should’ve held on to big Joey Garner.

3 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Met big Kyle at BP garage in EK on Hogmanay, just said “you never know”

:wow:

What was the question? one thing we can be sure of is that there will be no return to the fold for him what a waste of a jersey both times, 2nd being a disaster.

17 hours ago, BookWorm said:

This squad could easily being us 55 so like Stevie, I am in no rush.

I've no doubt it could , but we're a bit light up front . If Morelos or Defoe are out for any length of time , it only leaves us with the other . Could do with a back up forward imo. Ideally someone that could step in to the side for either Defoe , when his days are over , or Morelos once he leaves , though even just temporary cover will do . 

Surprised at people wanting another striker. 

I honestly can’t remember a time where Morelos has been injured for us and Defoe has maybe missed 1-2 games in a whole year through injury for us. 

If you’re prepared to come and sit behind they two on the bench or maybe no even in the squad then you’re not very good and not at the level we need. 

Get rid of 8 players, bring in 2 max and promote some of the younger guys to play in the earlier rounds of the Scottish cup

21 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Another striker for a start and I wouldn't mind someone for the right wing. Cover for the full back positions would be class too but that's probably pushing it in January

Commanding center half , Davo 2 of the line coulda cost us , need to win crosses into our box 

Archived