Sign in to follow this  
Ted E Bayer

January Transfer window

1 hour ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

I reckon we have very good cover already in Stewart. Anyone coming in would be looking at 4th place in the pecking order unless they were already a household name

We are short up front

4 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

If we could get rid of at least 4/5 players and bring a couple of better quality players in, then it will be a great window.

We have a great chance this year and this window could be decisive. 

I think it’s likely that we will try get rid of 3 or 4 unwanteds before we actually go out and get anyone. 

If we can get rid of Herrera, Grezda, Docherty that would be a good start.

43 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think it’s likely that we will try get rid of 3 or 4 unwanteds before we actually go out and get anyone. 

If we can get rid of Herrera, Grezda, Docherty that would be a good start.

The likes of Polster, King, Firth, Halliday, Murphy and even Ojo going would not make a difference on the field. Bar Ojo the contributions have been nothing. 

That's 9 players not required getting a wage right now and getting rid of all 9 and bringing in 2/3 better quality would see us better off.

The amount of top quality balls/ crosses into the box we could do with a Mark Hateley type, we shouldn’t be relying on our centre backs for headed goals.

I like Sam Vokes but the trouble with a big striker you don’t get the work rate you would with a Morelos/Defoe. 

Catch 22

Ted E Bayer likes this

30 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

The amount of top quality balls/ crosses into the box we could do with a Mark Hateley type, we shouldn’t be relying on our centre backs for headed goals.

I like Sam Vokes but the trouble with a big striker you don’t get the work rate you would with a Morelos/Defoe. 

Catch 22

Like Sam Cosgrove?

47 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Catch 22

Should’ve held on to big Joey Garner.

HuistraHairDo likes this

10 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Should’ve held on to big Joey Garner.

Tbf to Garner you got the work rate out of him but still not good enough, I’m thinking a fit Andy Carroll type or big Dado Prso 

Any way Jones could play on the right solving two problems at once?

And we definitely need another striker, preferably a promising youngster willing to learn under Morelos and Defoe. A striking equivalent of Edmundson sort of thing.

gmcf likes this

3 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Met big Kyle at BP garage in EK on Hogmanay, just said “you never know”

:wow:

What was the question? one thing we can be sure of is that there will be no return to the fold for him what a waste of a jersey both times, 2nd being a disaster.

17 hours ago, BookWorm said:

This squad could easily being us 55 so like Stevie, I am in no rush.

I've no doubt it could , but we're a bit light up front . If Morelos or Defoe are out for any length of time , it only leaves us with the other . Could do with a back up forward imo. Ideally someone that could step in to the side for either Defoe , when his days are over , or Morelos once he leaves , though even just temporary cover will do . 

Bearsden bear and BookWorm like this

Surprised at people wanting another striker. 

I honestly can’t remember a time where Morelos has been injured for us and Defoe has maybe missed 1-2 games in a whole year through injury for us. 

If you’re prepared to come and sit behind they two on the bench or maybe no even in the squad then you’re not very good and not at the level we need. 

Get rid of 8 players, bring in 2 max and promote some of the younger guys to play in the earlier rounds of the Scottish cup

Another striker but not sure how feasible that will be as they'd essentially be coming in as 3rd choice. 

I wouldn't mind another good technical attacking midfielder who can find a pass.