January Transfer window

Ted E Bayer

On 04/01/2020 at 12:29, STEPPS BOY said:

They’ll change formation to 3-5-2 for next game against us which allows them to play 2 up front.

Dwight Gayle isn’t going to come and be third choice at us.

Hopefully they do. We tend to rip teams apart that play that formation 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was thinking maybe Gerrard could provide us with a big name signing  in the transfer window to keep the pressure on the tims, but when you think back to the likes of Alves, Krankjar and Barton, could just screw things up. 

In hindsight Defoe was a great signing, but Gerrard already knew him well enough to know he would give his all. 

I expect he'll stick with what we got, as they are obviously working well squad and teamwork wise, and maybe  just pull in one or two dependable experienced back up players. 

Just now, chris182 said:

We'll need him for the run in

Wasnt there something about a fall out between him and the boss? Cant help but feel this story is coming from the club especially seeing as its coming from Chris Jack who is out there in Dubai...

3 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Wasnt there something about a fall out between him and the boss? Cant help but feel this story is coming from the club especially seeing as its coming from Chris Jack who is out there in Dubai...

I don't know about any fall out but that's Stoke, Boro and Blackburn mentioned in the last week regarding Jones. I think he's going. Maybe the manager has made a quick decision on him or maybe he just needs games after an injury. 

5 minutes ago, MisterC said:

I'm surprised any club is interested based on very limited summations of seeing him play this year. And surely his sending-off would be water under the bridge as far as Gerrard is concerned? I can never quite make my mind up about what I think about Jones. I would probably lean to keeping him and would be surprised if he left.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I'm surprised any club is interested based on very limited summations of seeing him play this year. And surely his sending-off would be water under the bridge as far as Gerrard is concerned? I can never quite make my mind up about what I think about Jones. I would probably lean to keeping him and would be surprised if he left.

I'm sure monkey face mowbray knows him from Middlesbrough and O'Neill at Stoke knows him from norn iron duty. I'm with you on keeping him as he was showing what he is capable of before getting injured 

On 04/01/2020 at 19:50, born a blue nose said:

No point having a right winger with tav in the team in my eyes, left footed Inside forward for the right, a think Gerrard thought ojo was that player but he’s been pish. We need a cheap ass Salah from someone lol 

Mustafa Mohamed from Egypt being linked wi us???

Can see there being truth in Jones to Stoke tbh given the link with O’Neill and I’m sure Jones was more of an Allen signing than a Gerrard one and with the way he picked up an injury against the scum it was pretty stupid. I also feel he’s not well suited to playing in the stronger side of a game and at the moment stoke are always sitting back and hitting on the break.

I'd rather 5 or 6 out and bring in 2.

We are in a great position in the league and the main 15 or 16 players in the squad have all contributed well but I still think an extra 1 or 2 with a bit more quality than Ojo, Barker, Halliday, Docherty etc could make the difference in the second half of the season. 

1 minute ago, JograBear said:

Mistake to let Jones leave. I like the look of him and think he will get better. Also considering most of our wingers are crap. 

Its only a mistake if we don't bring in someone better. 

Archived