Sign in to follow this  
bluenoz

Rangers in Dubai

Rangers will monitor Middle East tensions as Steven Gerrard puts his players through their paces in Dubai

By Christopher Jack  @Chris_Jack89

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard

STEVEN GERRARD hopes Rangers will be able to complete their winter training camp in Dubai despite the rising Middle East tensions.

The Light Blues assembled in Dubai on Monday as Gerrard puts his players through their paces and fine tunes his preparations for the second half of the season.

But the trip comes amid an escalation in hostilities between the United States and Iran following the killing of Iranian General Qasem Soleimani earlier this week.

When asked about any ramifcations, Gerrard said: “I hope not but I will obviously listen to the people I need to if any information comes our way. We are obviously aware of what’s going in the world. If people come to us and we have to adjust then we will. But hopefully not.

“The players are on day three now and I think we have got them back tuned in. They are here to work and it will be a double session today. There will be a football morning and a running afternoon.

“We see it as a mini pre-season, if you like, to get the base for the second half of the season.”

Hmmm, Ukraine passenger plane crashes near Tehran, Russia banning their commercial planes from flying over Iran-Iraq airspace. 

Iran blowing up Dubai  aye ok pipe doon ffs

Like back in the day being told saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.

The reality was different he lived in a cave and shat in a bucket.

TheCutch likes this