Rangers in Dubai

bluenoz

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Young Kai Kennedy giving it everything, looks absolutely fucked! :lol:

But I imagine if Docherty is up there with him he’s doing well.

Probably lapped young Kai and by the way they focus on him and the laughter, he was probably just about to lap the others aswell when it ended.

Honestly, if football was fitness based only Doc would be world class. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Glory awaits said:

I don’t think it’s going to be on gerrards agenda at the moment with fixtures coming every few days from now til march, but will he knock this on head next year, players seem flat after it 

Certainly needs looked at. Either the holiday atmosphere or what they do over there is doing something wrong.

9 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

Said this earlier. We’ve look leggy in the first 3 games. Are they being worked too hard during these breaks. Keep hearing them mention mini pre season which always seems over the top to me. 

We miss Morelos and our captain, simple as that.

6 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

We miss Morelos and our captain, simple as that.

I think it's almost as simple as that. We obviously struggle badly without arguably our 2 best players, arguably 3 if you include Jack missing second half, although you could argue he was missing first half too.

There are obviously other factors but ultimately too many players fell way short today. Sadly, it happens. It happens to everyone. Even the best. Luckily it's happening a lot less with us this season compared to last season.

Not many people will care but Barcelona with Messi and Juventus with Ronaldo both lost this weekend. I guess they must be fatigued or maybe they have lost their winning mentality.

Fucking gutted but there is still a long long way to go. Get Alfie back in on Wednesday, keep him in, get Tav back soon and we are a different proposition.

24 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

Said this earlier. We’ve look leggy in the first 3 games. Are they being worked too hard during these breaks. Keep hearing them mention mini pre season which always seems over the top to me. 

How many players have now picked up injuries since the break aswell.

27 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

Don’t disagree that’s the biggest problem. But look at the 3 games. All the players have been off it and look lethargic.

I dont think they have tbh. Our style has changed because we are missing our two best players.

We looked lethargic against Killie on boxing day then Morelos came on. That says it all.

1 hour ago, nik2402 said:

Somethings not right, for the same thing to happen two seasons in a row seems a bit of a coincidence. I’m not a sports scientist or fitness coach but a winter break should be exactly that, a break, not running the players like it’s pre season in the heat of Dubai after already playing 30+ games.

On 26/01/2020 at 22:31, ShanksRFC said:

I dont think they have tbh. Our style has changed because we are missing our two best players.

We looked lethargic against Killie on boxing day then Morelos came on. That says it all.

4 players with calf injuries since Dubai. Morelos, Stewart, Jack and now Defoe. Is that a coincidence?

Archived