Mercedes Benz Junior Cup

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Rangers Under-19’s side have travelled to Germany to compete in the 30th Mercedes-Benz Junior Cup this weekend.

It is the second year the Gers have played in the prestigious competition after reaching the semi-finals in their debut year in 2019.

Led by Graeme Murty and Peter Lovenkrands, the Light Blues will take part in the six-a-side tournament which is held in Sindelfingen on the outskirts of Stuttgart.

The Gers have been drawn in Group A, and will kick-off their games on Saturday against Rapid Vienna at 12.09pm, Eintract Frankfurt at 13:18 and RB Leipzig at 15:13. (UK times)

Manchester United, Stuttgart, Porto and Borussia Monchengladbach make up the second group in the tournament.

The indoor competition, played at the 5000 capacity Glaspalast will see the matches competed with nine minutes in each half.

The two-day event, will see more action on Sunday for the Gers with fixtures and times to be confirmed following Saturday’s results.

Making up the Rangers squad for the competition is:

Lewis Budinauckas

Jay Hogarth

Daniel Finlayson

Kyle McClelland

Zac Butterworth

Ben Williamson

Ciaran Dickson

Murray Miller

Cole McKinnon

Nathan Young-Coombes

Ross McCausland

Leon King

All of the matches will be available via a live stream which will be shared on Rangers Facebook and Rangers Youth Academy Twitter pages.

4 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

Will there be any coverage of these games the morra?

All of the matches will be available via a live stream which will be shared on Rangers Facebook and Rangers Youth Academy Twitter pages.

Gers have been drawn in Group A, and will kick-off their games on Saturday against Rapid Vienna at 12.09pm, Eintract Frankfurt at 13:18 and RB Leipzig at 15:13. (UK times)

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

All of the matches will be available via a live stream which will be shared on Rangers Facebook and Rangers Youth Academy Twitter pages.

Gers have been drawn in Group A, and will kick-off their games on Saturday against Rapid Vienna at 12.09pm, Eintract Frankfurt at 13:18 and RB Leipzig at 15:13. (UK times)

Cheers mate 

Murty was found out the kind of person he is hanging Andy Halliday out to dry in front of the nation worst still our biggest rivals , another 2 minutes and the swap could have been done , Murty should be nowhere near the club 

4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Murty was found out the kind of person he is hanging Andy Halliday out to dry in front of the nation worst still our biggest rivals , another 2 minutes and the swap could have been done , Murty should be nowhere near the club 

He's doing a fantastic job where he is. Not his finest day with Halliday years back, but if he plays his part now in developing our future prospects I'll accept the club also flung him out his depth where he struggled big time.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's doing a fantastic job where he is. Not his finest day with Halliday years back, but if he plays his part now in developing our future prospects I'll accept the club also flung him out his depth where he struggled big time.

There’s no regular good enough first team players came through mate , that’s ultimately his job 

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

There’s no regular good enough first team players came through mate , that’s ultimately his job 

It's the manager who will select them. Both he and the manager seem delighted with those who have joined 1st team changing room or train regularly with the 1st team squad.

We've a very stable starting 11 right now.  Half our first team squad dont get minutes. Folk would be going mental if Gerrard dropped any of the starting 11 for an untried kid.

Next season I expect to see Maxwell, Patterson and Mayo replace several senior players whose contracts expire. They'll get opportunities then.

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It's the manager who will select them. Both he and the manager seem delighted with those who have joined 1st team changing room or train regularly with the 1st team squad.

We've a very stable starting 11 right now.  Half our first team squad dont get minutes. Folk would be going mental if Gerrard dropped any of the starting 11 for an untried kid.

Next season I expect to see Maxwell, Patterson and Mayo replace several senior players whose contracts expire. They'll get opportunities then.

I find it hard to believe Miller , Halliday , Wallace are all wrong mate 

27 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I tend to agree but he’s highly thought of both internally & externally as a youth coach 

9 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I find it hard to believe Miller , Halliday , Wallace are all wrong mate 

He was under qualified and fucked into a job too big for him. He's now in a better more qualified role, and providing success by the look of it.

Wouldnt have cared if he'd left. He didnt, so I'll back him and hope he does the club well now.

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Wouldn't want scouts seeing them tbf.. 

That's not really the point, is it? I actually hope they are travelling with the senior squad. The experience of hanging around veteran pros can only help them grow.

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

That's not really the point, is it? I actually hope they are travelling with the senior squad. The experience of hanging around veteran pros can only help them grow.

That's what I meant. Gef them the experience of training with the first team and dont let scouts see them at the same time. 

45 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

That's what I meant. Gef them the experience of training with the first team and dont let scouts see them at the same time. 

Genius. That'll work, the lack of competitive games and all. Fuck the system in place which pushes players beyond their years in a competitive environment. Let's just hide them, that's brilliant. :duh:

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Yeah they are travelling with the first team might see a couple of them the cup game. 

2 hours ago, Cedrick said:

See to be honest, as harsh as some might see it, I’ll never forgive him for that. Say what you want about Halliday but for that moment he was each and every one of us. Fuck Murty.

Archived