Mercedes Benz Junior Cup

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

To be fair we took the goalie off to try and get back into it. 

We were poor all day today.

We were poor before the last 2 goals. We then took the goalie off, put an outfield player in goals, but he didnt join the play as a 6th outfield player, he stayed back near the goals 🤷‍♂️ Right tactic, wrong execution of it. Until it was far too late, when he came up the park and then got lobbed which I wouldnt blame him for.

Listened to the videos and there was plenty confidence, unfortunately it wasnt backed up against older, stronger opponents.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We were poor all day today.

We were poor before the last 2 goals. We then took the goalie off, put an outfield player in goals, but he didnt join the play as a 6th outfield player, he stayed back near the goals 🤷‍♂️ Right tactic, wrong execution of it. Until it was far too late, when he came up the park and then got lobbed which I wouldnt blame him for.

Listened to the videos and there was plenty confidence, unfortunately it wasnt backed up against older, stronger opponents.

Agree they never really looked at the races today but it’s a learning curve for them. Don’t think they were just as bad as the last score line suggests 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Agree they never really looked at the races today but it’s a learning curve for them. Don’t think they were just as bad as the last score line suggests 

Looked a completely different group from the team that won 2 games yesterday. I'm sure Murty etc will look at and take the positives. But I also suspect he'll not miss when telling them they really underperformed in too many games. They need told tbh.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Looked a completely different group from the team that won 2 games yesterday. I'm sure Murty etc will look at and take the positives. But I also suspect he'll not miss when telling them they really underperformed in too many games. They need told tbh.

Games I watched this morning they looked like they simply lost all confidence. 
I know the club likes to push the players on and get them out of their comfort zone but see for these things maybe it would be nice  to just send the best team we can

Anyway they will learn from it so onwards and upwards. 

Archived