Nice read on Barisic & Katic

50 minutes ago, One Jock Wallace said:

Positive piece on Barisic & Katic in the Telegraph. Never pasted it as imo we should give decent journalism as much hits as possible. Enjoy :UK:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/01/04/croatian-defenders-borna-barisic-nikola-katic-click-pitch-lay/

Always thought Borna was younger than 27

4 hours ago, One Jock Wallace said:

Both being considered as first team picks for Croatia, won't be long till we have EPL clubs making offers. Hope we can hold onto both for the next few years at least. 

Agreed mate....... they will be attracting big clubs from down south with their contribution to our squad -  but I hope we hold onto them both for another couple of seasons at least.

8 hours ago, Smile said:

Barisic have we ever seen a bigger turn around of a player he got some stick on here from posters.

In a way the stick he got is maybe what's pushing him on. Proving the doubters wrong must be satisfying.  Quality player & will be a key part of the squad going forward. 

8 minutes ago, One Jock Wallace said:

In a way the stick he got is maybe what's pushing him on. Proving the doubters wrong must be satisfying.  Quality player & will be a key part of the squad going forward. 

Barisic problem was he came with an injury picked up a few more niggling injuries and struggled with the thuggery in our game at first, Brilliant player now I'd go so far to say he would make it easily in any Epl team that's how good I think he is now.

Hope he's here a while he's utter quality.

The thing that strikes me the most about Katic is how he can just walk back into the starting 11 after months of not playing and perform really well.

Both are showing their worth and absolutely smitten by both of them

17 hours ago, Smile said:

Keeping Katic out the team last year was areal fuck up by Gerrard.

Was it - or did it give him more time to develop, mature, get fitter? Perhaps leaving him out made him want it more, was hungrier? Perhaps leaving him out was GREAT management!

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Was it - or did it give him more time to develop, mature, get fitter? Perhaps leaving him out made him want it more, was hungrier? Perhaps leaving him out was GREAT management!

You know I'm right.

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Erm except the guy who took his place was Joe Worral, a man whose good performances for Rangers can be counted on the fingers of one hand....

4 hours ago, MisterC said:

Erm except the guy who took his place was Joe Worral, a man whose good performances for Rangers can be counted on the fingers of one hand....

Perhaps Katic needed time to settle, mature, ‘get with the program’ - anyway it’s worked - he looks like he has and continues to develop - so right or wrong it’s good for us now! 

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Perhaps Katic needed time to settle, mature, ‘get with the program’ - anyway it’s worked - he looks like he has and continues to develop - so right or wrong it’s good for us now! 

Fair point mate, I did say elsewhere that younger overseas players very often need time to settle so in the end it has worked out. What is frustrating is that Worral was getting game time over him last season and he sold the jerseys on a few occasions costing us valuable points. However that was then and its satisfying to see we have learned a good few of the lessons from last season and long may that continue!

Archived