Squad Market Value

GersInCanada

Seen a couple of threads about our squad worth, value for money etc. 

What they fail to include is how much it cost us to get to this squad. Aye that midfield against the scum might have cost 50k transfer fees, but how much did we waste paying for duds like pena hefty wages on kranjcar etc. Additionally, how much would it cost us to replace guys if we sell them. 

We've done well assembling this current squad but it hasn't come out of thin air, relatively speaking there's been a lot of money spent. 

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

All prices in millions and pure guesswork on my part

McGregor - 45
Tav - 85
Goldson - 52.5
Katic - 60
Edmunston - 12
Helander - 32
Barisic - 71
Davis - 48.5
Kamara - 70
Aribo-  60
Jack - 89
Arfield - 50
Kent - 95
Morelos - 250
Defoe - 52

5 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

All prices in millions and pure guesswork on my part

McGregor - 0
Tav - 10
Goldson - 8
Katic - 7
Edmunston - 1
Helander - 5
Barisic - 12
Davis - 0
Kamara - 8
Aribo-  5
Jack - 8
Arfield - 0
Kent - 10
Morelos - 25
Defoe - 0

I reckon that we have close to a £100M squad assembled for a small fraction of that.

Did @Junior Soprano and @TamCoopz pick those numbers out of your arse ?

We could not give players away a few seasons ago, its a healthy improvement on that, we have half a dozen that could hold their own in the EPL where daft money is paid for ok players so if the value is based on what the EPL pay for players it would be a substantial amount of millions.

7 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Chill out FFS.

It’s a bit of fun.

The kind of thing you kick around over a pint with your mates.

If you have mates, that is.

Boring bastard 

edit: if you you seriously sit and have a pint with mates and this is what you do then you really are an absolute nonce

32 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Boring bastard 

edit: if you you seriously sit and have a pint with mates and this is what you do then you really are an absolute nonce

7E26CB8D-CE5B-440A-80E8-409CB25433D7.gif.3228b9579f1d2a969d6df89848eab99d.gif

When I’m having a beer with mates, I sometimes discuss Rangers players and the transfer market.

Oh Christ, I feel so ashamed.....

:Fod:

it depends on the markets. and the price of decent players is way higher now.

guys like kamara and jack you can push for 15-20 million.

it used to be scottish football hindered the price of our stars. but even with the inflated prices now we get top dollar for our best players now. as  celtic have in recent years.

morelos going for 30m for me is still cheap. When he matures and is ready he will play for a top team in the champions league and be worth 50m to 100m easily.

english players with talent are worth a fortune. Tavernier is worth at least 10 million.

In the end it is all what the other team values and what your board value a player as they all have a price. but to be fair with these markets right now there is serious money to be made.

Ajax for years produced , sold on and kept their finances in order. but now they are selling their stars for a minimum 30 million each, de jong ad de light massive fees.

its about more than just getting on now for ajax. if they maintain their methods they will be a super rich club.

Archived