Ross McCrorrie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Patterson is cover for rb.

McCrorie can’t pass a ball 10 yards, I honesty don’t see a future here for him.

We have 4 very good CBs in Goldson, Katic, Helander, and Edmundson.  Tavernier is the first choice RB with Patterson coming through next season.  We have 3 CDMs at the club already in Kamara, Jack, and Davis.

Where does McCrorie fit in?  He’ll need to go out on loan and improve himself at another club.  He would just be sitting in his arse here.

19 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He’s only 21 and has already shown his potential in the first team and people are already writing him off. Fucking mental.

Not sure it is really. 

He can develop more physically and mentally, gain more experience, but not sure you can learn ‘technique’ at this stage.

A touch and ability to pass is either something you have or don’t at 21 IMO. 

Wouldn't be averse to him being developed in to a RB or improved at CB but he shouldn't get a game for our midfield.  We've progressed since 12m ago when he was a huge contributor to the 1-0 at Ibrox so, unless he has as well, we can't go back to someone like this in our midfield. We need better than him to progress further. 

5 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Team are off to Dubai for training and a friendly.

Had forgotten about Ross Mccrorrie.

Seen he is on the flight with the team and potentially been recalled.

With King away back to Leicester, do you think Mcrorrie will be pulled back as cover in midfield? 

Will never get the image of him getting sent of at porkheed and him putting the shirt in his mouth , never really rated him certainly not for this current squad Gerrard has created.

At Portsmouth he got shifted to right back cause wasn’t good enough in the middle of the park where he started.

Doc was a stand out in the same league and can’t get near our team.

I’d love to be wrong but can’t see where he fits in. He isn’t better than any of our CHs or CMs which you’d imagine would only improve come the summer.

11 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

At Portsmouth he got shifted to right back cause wasn’t good enough in the middle of the park where he started.

Doc was a stand out in the same league and can’t get near our team.

I’d love to be wrong but can’t see where he fits in. He isn’t better than any of our CHs or CMs which you’d imagine would only improve come the summer.

Exactly this. Pompey don't have a lot of talent in the middle of the park and the fans are crying out for CMs, yet McCrorie couldn't get a game there. 

Maybe a little harsh as he had a suspension after a good pre-season run there, then picked up 2 hamstring injuries.

My pals liked him sure enough, said he loves a tackle and leaves it all on the pitch, but didn't think he was good enough to play centre mid for them which isn't very encouraging.

14 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Kai Kennedy. Meant to be a talent. 

Man City and Bayern Munich said to be looking at him. His contract is currently under negotiation. Gerrard loves him, rates him highly and wants to keep him. He's 17

Really tough for him to make it at Rangers just now with us being strong in midfield and the CB positions, needs to go back out on loan at a decent club get a good run of games injury free and see where it takes him. Cunts writing him off at 21 and saying utter shite like he can’t pass the ball 10 yards need to get a grip. 

Our midfield is probably the best in the league now. It is going to be very difficult for him, Hastie, Docherty or anyone else to get in it. I think they are good players but they are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Not doing badly but short of our current first team standard. Id like to see them playing more in the SPL on loan to potentially hurt them although I think the model of sending them on loan to England probably increases their value. I think they all have a chance of making it with us, it just depends how hard they want to work, patient they want to be or how patient we are with them. 

Versatile and thought he was one of the few positives during Pedro/Murty times 

He looked a future captain then and despite how much we’ve improved is more than worthy of a place in the squad now even if his game time is limited 

Archived