Gerrard and tav on penalties

GOAT

Based on Tavs conversion rate with penalties previously i could see why he was on them. Alfredo should never have been given the penalty against them as it was in head to score. Widnae mind letting barisic take one see how that pans out

Hitting the set-pieces is a specialty whether it’s free-kicks or penalties.  Some put in a lot of extra training to improve at them.  The two best dead ball strikers we have are Tav and Barisic.

Mendieta for Valencia  was one of the best I’ve seen, he used to watch what direction the keeper went and just flick it to the opposite side

I might be wrong here, but did wee nacho not miss just one penalty in his Rangers career? good goin if correct, that’s the kind of ratio we all expect, no mean feat tho you see the best in the business miss them

Wonder if Kent could have a try. Has the confidence certainly in the big games. Wouldn't be surprised if we've tried him taking them in training. Certainly improved his ability in front of goal recently.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

With one notable exception for McAllister both him and Gerrard took penalties and both are amongst the best penalty takers ever - neither a forward - it’s a confidence thing 

Matt Le Tissier scored about 49 /50 pens - another midfielder 

13 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Matt Le Tissier scored about 49 /50 pens - another midfielder 

And the one he didn’t score was a fantastic save, I’m sure. Because of that he says he never missed! :lol:

There was only one Penalty King though...

CC300A51-3940-46C0-B9B9-63ABBA1C5EE3.jpeg

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

He was a fantastic footballer, near every goal he scored was a worldy.

I'm gutted I just missed out on watching him, before my time. But what a player he was. Loyal to the detriment of his career, like Shearer.

2 hours ago, stevemac said:

Le tissier is one of the best penalty takers ever and hes not a striker.

He was always completely confident in his own abilities, unlike the England managers of the time.  

He tells it himself, and includes Gerrard in his top 5 penalty takers. 

1 hour ago, Bears said:

Wonder if Kent could have a try. Has the confidence certainly in the big games. Wouldn't be surprised if we've tried him taking them in training. Certainly improved his ability in front of goal recently.

Barasic or Jack for me but cant argue against Kent

Every training session the whole team would each take a pen in turn and if you missed you were out. This went on until there was the last guy who put all his away. Most of the time it was us strikers who were the last ones standing. Strikers definitely the best footballers for pens.

5 hours ago, Tomatasauce said:

Mendieta for Valencia  was one of the best I’ve seen, he used to watch what direction the keeper went and just flick it to the opposite side

I might be wrong here, but did wee nacho not miss just one penalty in his Rangers career? good goin if correct, that’s the kind of ratio we all expect, no mean feat tho you see the best in the business miss them

He also scored THAT PK ! 

3f6c25007d45278cb2b2f9a136ca8b9b.jpg

4 hours ago, five stars said:

Tav's an excellent penalty taker, great technique. Can't remember a keeper ever saving one of his penalties?

Bachmann for killie last season saved his penalty,  in truth it was a shit penalty 

Archived