Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GOAT

Gerrard and tav on penalties

Recommended Posts


With one notable exception for McAllister both him and Gerrard took penalties and both are amongst the best penalty takers ever - neither a forward - it’s a confidence thing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hitting the set-pieces is a specialty whether it’s free-kicks or penalties.  Some put in a lot of extra training to improve at them.  The two best dead ball strikers we have are Tav and Barisic.

CR3 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mendieta for Valencia  was one of the best I’ve seen, he used to watch what direction the keeper went and just flick it to the opposite side

I might be wrong here, but did wee nacho not miss just one penalty in his Rangers career? good goin if correct, that’s the kind of ratio we all expect, no mean feat tho you see the best in the business miss them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Le tissier is one of the best penalty takers ever and hes not a striker.

He was a fantastic footballer, near every goal he scored was a worldy.

stevemac and murzo like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Le tissier is one of the best penalty takers ever and hes not a striker.

think he is the best ever, in England anyway 48 scored 1 missed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if Kent could have a try. Has the confidence certainly in the big games. Wouldn't be surprised if we've tried him taking them in training. Certainly improved his ability in front of goal recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

With one notable exception for McAllister both him and Gerrard took penalties and both are amongst the best penalty takers ever - neither a forward - it’s a confidence thing 

Matt Le Tissier scored about 49 /50 pens - another midfielder 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pcbear said:

He was a fantastic footballer, near every goal he scored was a worldy.

I'm gutted I just missed out on watching him, before my time. But what a player he was. Loyal to the detriment of his career, like Shearer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stevemac said:

Le tissier is one of the best penalty takers ever and hes not a striker.

He was always completely confident in his own abilities, unlike the England managers of the time.  

He tells it himself, and includes Gerrard in his top 5 penalty takers. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bears said:

Wonder if Kent could have a try. Has the confidence certainly in the big games. Wouldn't be surprised if we've tried him taking them in training. Certainly improved his ability in front of goal recently.

Barasic or Jack for me but cant argue against Kent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every training session the whole team would each take a pen in turn and if you missed you were out. This went on until there was the last guy who put all his away. Most of the time it was us strikers who were the last ones standing. Strikers definitely the best footballers for pens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tomatasauce said:

Mendieta for Valencia  was one of the best I’ve seen, he used to watch what direction the keeper went and just flick it to the opposite side

I might be wrong here, but did wee nacho not miss just one penalty in his Rangers career? good goin if correct, that’s the kind of ratio we all expect, no mean feat tho you see the best in the business miss them

He also scored THAT PK ! 

3f6c25007d45278cb2b2f9a136ca8b9b.jpg

Tomatasauce likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, five stars said:

Tav's an excellent penalty taker, great technique. Can't remember a keeper ever saving one of his penalties?

Bachmann for killie last season saved his penalty,  in truth it was a shit penalty 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...