Gerrard and tav on penalties

GOAT

10 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Bachmann for killie last season saved his penalty,  in truth it was a shit penalty 

I forgot about that.

He had a superb record until the beginning of this season and then was unlucky with a few hitting the woodwork.

Hopefully his confidence is now back and he can resume his penalty duties.

17 hours ago, Creampuff said:

All penalty takers need are a combination of clean ball striking and composure.

Incidentally not two of Alfredo's strengths

Morelos is a poacher whose main attributes is power and strength and getting into good positions. But while he often gets good placement with his shots, he's not particularly composed and doesn't really strike the ball clearly. He's not the kind of striker who's going to curl a shot top corner from outside the box, he mostly relies on power and scores a lot of close range poacher goals. 

22 hours ago, BlueMe said:

Looking forward to the usual posters saying the same things here tbh.

Tav threads are irresistible to them.

See that fucking Tav.............................

He will be picking up the major trophies at the end of the season:dance:55 here we go

Just reading tav article in the dr, for all his critics, some of the stats or milestones for want of a better word, that the guy is racking up will get him hall of fame status one day:

Tavernier’s shown staggering consistency since moving to the Light Blues in 2015, featuring in 232 of his team’s 243 competitive games, starting in all but three.

The skipper has played more often for the Light Blues than Lorenzo Amoruso, Davie Weir, Terry Butcher, Brian Laudrup, Chris Woods, Mark Hateley and Jorg Albertz.

By the end of the season he could have played more matches than Jim Baxter, Stuart McCall, Kris Boyd, Andy Goram, Nacho Novo and Fernando Ricksen

The biggest difference, Tavernier is the first to admit, is those fabled stars walked out the door with a treasure trove of medals and trophy memories

If he changes the stat above as captain not many could complain.

ill paste the full story below it’s a decent read...

James Tavernier on the telltale Rangers clue behind long and winding trophy chase

The right-back believes he and his team-mates are finally in a position to compete for major honours.

James Tavernier is due a long service medal from Rangers and he wants it cast this season in silver.

Four-and-a-half years after he first moved to Ibrox, the skipper finally admits he’s finally playing for the Rangers he always dared dream.

The full-back has featured in almost 250 games, gone through 85 team-mates and four bosses in a tumultuous spell at Ibrox.

Tavernier’s shown staggering consistency since moving to the Light Blues in 2015, featuring in 232 of his team’s 243 competitive games, starting in all but three.

The skipper has played more often for the Light Blues than Lorenzo Amoruso, Davie Weir, Terry Butcher, Brian Laudrup, Chris Woods, Mark Hateley and Jorg Albertz.

By the end of the season he could have played more matches than Jim Baxter, Stuart McCall, Kris Boyd, Andy Goram, Nacho Novo and Fernando Ricksen.

The biggest difference, Tavernier is the first to admit, is those fabled stars walked out the door with a treasure trove of medals and trophy memories.

He has a Championship gong and a Challenge Cup badge to his name, reflecting the slow climb from the financial abyss of recent years.

But he reckons Steven Gerrard has finally put the Light Blues in a position to mine for the major honours.

Tavernier, who has already played 23 games this season, said: “I would definitely say this now feels like the Rangers I always hoped I’d join.

“It has taken some time, longer than I would probably have expected, but I’m delighted we’re getting closer to our goals.

“We’ve reached the knockout stages of the Europa League and we’ve made a final which is where the club needs to be.

“We need to deliver trophies and we have an important Europa League tie coming up, as well as the Scottish Cup – and we’re in a title race. It’s a very good position to be in and we’ve got to keep pushing.

“It’s been a rollercoaster for me at Rangers. I started with Mark Warburton and the year we won the Championship was a great experience. We secured the promotion we wanted but couldn’t find the right footing and went through a lot of players and managers.

“I never doubted I’d get to this stage. I love playing football and it has been a path in which there have been bumps but you learn from them all.

“The previous managers didn’t maybe work for the club, the right players weren’t brought in, although some tremendous lads have come and gone. Now we have really good strength in depth when a few years ago we had young lads sitting on the bench for the Scottish Cup Final.

“The balance wasn’t right but as soon as the gaffer came in he strengthened us tremendously, brought in the squad he wanted, and everything around the group has improved, including the facilities at the training ground and the stadium.

“We’re going in the right direction, to where this club needs to be but we can’t sit comfortably. We know we still have a lot to learn and improve.

“All I wanted to do when I came here was play football and Rangers have given me that.

“I want to repay the club as much as possible for giving me this chance to live my dream.”

Archived