Mick Beale Podcast

Teddybear123

21 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

A pal of mine ( football coach at a Scottish team) was in watching Rangers training a couple of weeks ago and he said Beale and dare i say it Murtys coaching drills were in a different league to anything else he’d seen.

I think it can be seen the way our team retains possession so well in tight areas that they are very well coached 

Also goes to show the difference in the modern game where great coaching makes a team ,not the old school way of man management motivation 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skimmed through it to the Rangers bit, fair bit of time on el buffalo. Funny that MB and SG have both mentioned that there seems to be a lack of tolerance from some quarters in regards to treatment of Alfie. 

He referenced other 'homegrown' players doing similar but not getting the same bad press. It just shows that people outside our wee bubble are seeing clearly what others inside are not or are refusing to believe.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

A pal of mine ( football coach at a Scottish team) was in watching Rangers training a couple of weeks ago and he said Beale and dare i say it Murtys coaching drills were in a different league to anything else he’d seen.

Murty coming here was viewed as as something of a coup.

Totally hypothetical and hopefully miles down the line, but if Stevie Gerrard is a spectacular success and his club come calling it will be a no brainer for him, when a manager goes the staff usually follow as a group, would you think  this man has the potential to be Gerrards  successor? as I say its all hypothetical and a bit of fun but I think there is merit in it with systems/players/club all well known.

40 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I kind of scoffed when he said it but he was adamant that his session was incredible.

He was named one of the best young coaches in England the season before coming here by the LMA (according to Craig Mulholland) and he's a genuinely impressive coach. Has a fantastic way with the players. I know I've come across as a bit of a fan boy of his in the past but it's deserved imo and you'll struggle to find any of the youngsters with a bad word about him or his methods.

He's maybe not as 'polished' in front of a camera as someone like Gerrard but he's a very, very talented coach...put it this way, there's a reason Miller and Wallace got tossed to the side yet Murty still has a job here.

5 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Totally hypothetical and hopefully miles down the line, but if Stevie Gerrard is a spectacular success and his club come calling it will be a no brainer for him, when a manager goes the staff usually follow as a group, would you think  this man has the potential to be Gerrards  successor? as I say its all hypothetical and a bit of fun but I think there is merit in it with systems/players/club all well known.

He'll be Gerrard's number two wherever he goes next.

23 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He was named one of the best young coaches in England the season before coming here by the LMA (according to Craig Mulholland) and he's a genuinely impressive coach. Has a fantastic way with the players. I know I've come across as a bit of a fan boy of his in the past but it's deserved imo and you'll struggle to find any of the youngsters with a bad word about him or his methods.

He's maybe not as 'polished' in front of a camera as someone like Gerrard but he's a very, very talented coach...put it this way, there's a reason Miller and Wallace got tossed to the side yet Murty still has a job here.

He's a coach and they were players coming to the end of their playing careers?

5 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

One of the main reasons we are where we are. 

100%!

I remember reading a comment from an ex-player/manager of a team down south, round about the time we were linked with Gerrard, that as much as it would be a huge appointment if we could get his assistant/staff as well it would be just as big of a coup.

Hopefully they are all here for the foreseeable.

4 minutes ago, Del said:

100%!

I remember reading a comment from an ex-player/manager of a team down south, round about the time we were linked with Gerrard, that as much as it would be a huge appointment if we could get his assistant/staff as well it would be just as big of a coup.

Hopefully they are all here for the foreseeable.

Iv a feeling they want want Charles Green wanted ,he  wanted to be around until the champions league music was playing at Ibrox again 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

He'll be Gerrard's number two wherever he goes next.

If you listen to the podcast he says he wants to be a manager in his own right in the next 5 years. After listening to him, reading his book and hearing that he is very highly regarded in the game as one of the best modern coaches, it's obvious hes destined for greater things and is possibly the best signing Gerrard made as manager.

Can he be the man to take over from the gaffer in future? I think maybe not as this club needs a leader like Gerrard at the helm for it to succeed. No doubt in my mind he can be the top man at a club with slightly less pressure to win.

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Fat wank is what he is....

5 hours ago, dee9 said:

On culshaw.....he's quality.

Kicks every ball and when we score he's the first out the dugout giving it big licks👍

Got that bit of Barton about him... well they are 2nd cousins after all 🥊 

20 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

He's a coach and they were players coming to the end of their playing careers?

Miller has played on for a couple of seasons since and Wallace is now playing in the Championship with QPR and is younger than about half the players signed in Gerrards first season. 

A great listen and as someone said earlier, a better podcast than the Gaffer's with Carragher. 

Comes across as very humble and remembers his beginnings. I'm certain in this interview he underemphasises how much work he really puts into training sessions and the like, but I find it absolutely fascinating. 

What impressed me the most, was he understands the 'why'. Coming from someone who has to coach in their job (in a totally different environment) it sounded like a bit of a ted talk. He talks about engagement, emotional intelligence,  instilling a can do approach by empowering the players and how speaking with the players is one of the most rewarding aspects of his job.

That is the most interesting thing for me, I almost expected to listen to his podcast and hear him talk about what training sessions were the best. But he was absolutely not about that. Michael Beale is a very intelligent man who understands coaching beyond the training pitch.

I rate him highly and hope he stays with us for as long as possible.

Also, good to hear the podcasters talk about how they loved Rangers growing up too!

Archived