Mick Beale Podcast

Teddybear123

Just got around to listening to that, what an insight to the methods being used at the Hummel centre, my God we are so fortunate to have someone like this on our management/coaching  team, if MB is an example of the rest of the staff then we are in an even better position than I thought we were, it just goes to show the pulling power of Steven Gerrard that staff of this quality are willing to pull up sticks and come here to work with him, it must be an absolute joy for any player be he senior or youth coming into work and to have guys like this willing to work, encourage and believe in you, after listening to that blog I believe we are in an even better position than I thought we were and now understand the reason that the club have progressed so much in such a short space of time.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, ben51 said:

A great listen and as someone said earlier, a better podcast than the Gaffer's with Carragher. 

Comes across as very humble and remembers his beginnings. I'm certain in this interview he underemphasises how much work he really puts into training sessions and the like, but I find it absolutely fascinating. 

What impressed me the most, was he understands the 'why'. Coming from someone who has to coach in their job (in a totally different environment) it sounded like a bit of a ted talk. He talks about engagement, emotional intelligence,  instilling a can do approach by empowering the players and how speaking with the players is one of the most rewarding aspects of his job.

That is the most interesting thing for me, I almost expected to listen to his podcast and hear him talk about what training sessions were the best. But he was absolutely not about that. Michael Beale is a very intelligent man who understands coaching beyond the training pitch.

I rate him highly and hope he stays with us for as long as possible.

Also, good to hear the podcasters talk about how they loved Rangers growing up too!

Agree with everything apart from the last part, cunt was wanking off over Larsson recently.

Archived