Sign in to follow this  
Finny

Players that randomly come into you're head

Jimmy Phillips.

A guy in the Bolton office of the company I worked for at the time he signed lived next door to his parents.  He asked me to get all the press cuttings so he could pass them on,  Was about two sentences in the Evening Times when he signed and nothing else.  He was also one of the most one footed players (yes I now he has two  actual  feet so no clever replies) I've ever seen.

18 minutes ago, Finny said:

Allan johnstone just came in to my head today. Was a good,wee technically gifted player in his day. 

That the boy who scored a hatrick against playing for hearts or possibly Killie

4 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

That the boy who scored a hatrick against playing for hearts or possibly Killie

We signed him after he scored a hat trick against us for hearts. Was a useful wee player in amongst the superstars we had at the time. 

Just now, Finny said:

We signed him after he scored a hat trick against us for hearts. Was a useful wee player in amongst the superstars we had at the time. 

Remember being pleased we signed him and expected a lot more than he ultimately delivered.

Finny likes this

Just now, They Gnu said:

Remember being pleased we signed him and expected a lot more than he ultimately delivered.

That maybe true but compare him to the dross at hearts today. Night  and day. 

5 hours ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

Theo Snelders. One of my earliest memories was a reverse game against Morton at Cappielow and he was there

His career seemed to go the wrong way after that. 

Just watching Gary Neville interview Alan Shearer on sky. Always had a soft spot for him and Newcastle.

Olivier Bernard was in the footage for one of his goals, remember him playing for us. Think it was the season we got to the last 16 of the champs league. He has some power on his shots but dont remember him doing much for us, think he cracked the bar with a free kick.

On 17/01/2020 at 10:34, Yollie-RFC said:

Jean Claude Darcheville randomly powers into my head now and again

darcheville.jpg

Fixed that for you.

1 hour ago, fernando0606 said:

Just watching Gary Neville interview Alan Shearer on sky. Always had a soft spot for him and Newcastle.

Olivier Bernard was in the footage for one of his goals, remember him playing for us. Think it was the season we got to the last 16 of the champs league. He has some power on his shots but dont remember him doing much for us, think he cracked the bar with a free kick.

All I remember about bernard was that he was fucking atrocious. 

fernando0606 likes this