Sign in to follow this  
Smile

'UP MY STREET' HARRY Redknapp on Morelos

'UP MY STREET' 

Rangers transfer news: Redknapp says Morelos ‘could set Spurs alight’ after Brazil brands him ‘screwball

HARRY REDKNAPP believes Alfredo Morelos 'could set Spurs alight'.

The Rangers forward has netted 28 goals in 35 appearances so far this season.

NINTCHDBPICT000553090805.jpg?w=620

Tottenham are on the lookout for a new striker after Harry Kane was ruled out for up to four months.

And former Spurs boss Redknapp believes the Colombian would be a good addition to his old side.

Speaking on talkSPORT, host Alan Brazil asked Redknapp: "What about the screwball at Rangers. Are you having him?"

And Redknapp said: "I would take him, yeah. I’d have a go [at signing him].

NINTCHDBPICT000550239386.jpg?w=620

Redknapp believes the Colombian would set Spurs alight

He is right up my street."

Rangers legend Ally McCoist joked: "Listen Harry, if you can handle Paulo Di Canio you could handle Morelos, that’s all I’m saying to you.”

And Redknapp replied: "I’ll have him, I’d love him! He could come and set the place alight, couldn’t he.”

2 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

the fucking dirty mhedia in scotland, all celtic fans,  Morelos has been called, screwball, buffalo brains,  dirty H.. cunt, orange bastard, black bastard. the boy gets some treatment of the media and the tramps. 

Morelos is genuine quality and is going to go far and they don't like it. 

Correct,  with all the shit they talk they are desperately trying to reduce his value to hurt us.

Truth be told, managers are generally arrogant bastards and will believe they can 'manage' players like Alfredo without any issue.  We all know that AM has improved his discipline and he is and was nothing like as bad as they've painted him anyway.

Guys like Diego Costa & Luis Suarez were genuinely difficult to manage yet still got to play for some of the biggest and best clubs in the world. So no fears for big buff.

5 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Fat Brazil was desperately trying to get him to say something good about the tarrier striker after it 

Ha ha  he does it all the time

He used to do it with Dembele, now its french eddie. Must hurt them that our wee huffy £1M player is the best and most highly rated player in the league.

1 minute ago, They Gnu said:

His previous manager in Finland didn’t seem to have any problems managing him, maybe because the Finnish Media didn’t hate the team he played for and Finnish refs weren’t desperate to send him off. I’m not buying any of this he’s hard to manage shite.

Same, they fling a lot of shit at the boy and some of it might stick. That said, his record speaks for itself and nobody, but nobody will be put off signing him, thats for sure.

BouncyBluenose87 likes this

13 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

His previous manager in Finland didn’t seem to have any problems managing him, maybe because the Finnish Media didn’t hate the team he played for and Finnish refs weren’t desperate to send him off. I’m not buying any of this he’s hard to manage shite.

The 2 podcasts from yesterday tell you all you need to know about managing Buff. 
He is a model professional that they have to drag off the training pitch. 

Redknapp and Murinho are two very different people.  Redknapp might think Morelos would be a good fit for Spurs but there’s nothing to suggest Murinho feels the same way.  I do believe if the £30m was offered he’d be off regardless of what anyone says. 

When I saw Kane was out until April, I was actually thinking he would be a great fit for Spurs.

i don’t know if we would sell him at this juncture though