Ibrox Expansion - lowering the pitch

Leeds_Bear

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be tricky, I don't know how many rows of seats would = 6000 but each row takes you closer to the pitch and its pretty tight already, my feasibility study tells me we should look at another option, what I don't know filling  in the corners maybe seems the obvious one but how that would work structurally might rule that out,

3 minutes ago, pcbear said:

That would be tricky, I don't know how many rows of seats would = 6000 but each row takes you closer to the pitch and its pretty tight already, my feasibility study tells me we should look at another option, what I don't know filling  in the corners maybe seems the obvious one but how that would work structurally might rule that out,

I’d imagine if you increased the incline of a few rows prior to the additional seats the new seats wouldn’t be much closer to the pitch. 

Just now, born a blue nose said:

I’d imagine if you increased the incline of a few rows prior to the additional seats the new seats wouldn’t me much closer to the pitch. 

It would help slightly but at a guess you are looking at maybe 6 rows which is approx 4m out then 2m down ish, the plans would be worth a look, if it is doable great and no doubt the feasibility will be done by top engineers not a carpenter like me spilling my frosties over the keyboard.

56 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Interesting development. Hopefully we see safe standing introduced before then also. 

I got told about this about 6 weeks ago, I asked about safe standing and the reply was ‘not yet’. 

Reason being the lowering of the pitch is costing an absolute fortune. 

1 hour ago, chris182 said:

I'd rather put the money into getting our stadium into the best possible state in terms of facilities, and that probably would include safe standing.

More seats = more money for the club, its a no brainer if possible. 

6 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Don't see it being economically viable, god knows how many years it would take for us to break even on this type of investment from the increase in fans through the gate.

Just get the coonsil to pay for it like they do for any outlandish idea the fiddlers propose. 

5 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Don't see it being economically viable, god knows how many years it would take for us to break even on this type of investment from the increase in fans through the gate.

This, even during our best years with murray we never often sold out the place, id rather they spent the money on othet stuff for the fans that do go, i know there isnt much land around the stadium that belongs to the club but whatever they do own they should do up and make it better out there

6 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Another season like this, a think 6,000 seats could bring in near to £4million. 

12 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Is there not a waiting list of thousands for season tickets?

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

This, even during our best years with murray we never often sold out the place, id rather they spent the money on othet stuff for the fans that do go, i know there isnt much land around the stadium that belongs to the club but whatever they do own they should do up and make it better out there

Creating a better experience for fans that don't go as well mate and trying to gain more income through that. Can we not throw more money at trying to get the sports direct saga concluded so we can gain more income through that? That's something that really needs resolved, unless it is not possible. I don't know the ins and outs of it.

I would rather this waited and, at present,  we plough what money we have into the team to get us on a good, stable footage where we are winning things consistently.

For me that is the most important thing just now, once we achieve this more money will come in and then we can look at possible stadium extensions.

Archived