Ibrox Expansion - lowering the pitch

Leeds_Bear

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The club would have to assess how an increase in capacity would affect the season ticket uptake.  Fans buying season tickets is huge for the club financially, it gives us guaranteed, upfront income independent of how the season pans out on the pitch.    Although not a great comfort for those on the waiting list, the limited capacity at present drives the  high demand for season tickets.  Over the years, I know several friends who due to changed work/family commitments would likely have given up their season tickets if it were not for the difficulty in getting tickets for individual matches or having to go on a waiting list if they want to reapply in future.

From the club’s viewpoint, it doesn’t make much sense spending money we are short off at present time to increase the capacity to 55k say and find the season tickets drop off to under 40k say with the rest of the fans start picking and choosing what games to go to.  The recently introduced system which allows season ticket holders to churn their seats when not using them for individual matches, should give the club some idea  of the numbers of ‘part-time’ season ticket holders who may not be able to be relied upon to buy a ST if gaining access to individual matches was easier (due to an increase in capacity).

1 hour ago, Ibroxholm said:

The club would have to assess how an increase in capacity would affect the season ticket uptake.  Fans buying season tickets is huge for the club financially, it gives us guaranteed, upfront income independent of how the season pans out on the pitch.    Although not a great comfort for those on the waiting list, the limited capacity at present drives the  high demand for season tickets.  Over the years, I know several friends who due to changed work/family commitments would likely have given up their season tickets if it were not for the difficulty in getting tickets for individual matches or having to go on a waiting list if they want to reapply in future.

From the club’s viewpoint, it doesn’t make much sense spending money we are short off at present time to increase the capacity to 55k say and find the season tickets drop off to under 40k say with the rest of the fans start picking and choosing what games to go to.  The recently introduced system which allows season ticket holders to churn their seats when not using them for individual matches, should give the club some idea  of the numbers of ‘part-time’ season ticket holders who may not be able to be relied upon to buy a ST if gaining access to individual matches was easier (due to an increase in capacity).

That's a very conservative, unambitious way of looking at it. 

These days, a winning Rangers will fill 56k. Easily. If we can't then we're more than likely going to be in their shadow more often than not because the team with the most money will mostly come out on top.

The club needs to find a way to fund an increase in capacity so that we're not starting from the point of a multi million pound disadvantage every season.

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Yet theres a public sale for every game 

Do you know why there is a public sale?

A) buyback scheme

B) different amounts of away allocations are taken up by different clubs, sometimes allowing more tickets to go to home fans

What do either of the above have to do with a season ticket waiting list?

On 11/01/2020 at 17:58, TopCat said:

Don't know where you're getting your sums from mate but that sounds very promising for the club imo.

Not 100% correct, 6,000 season tickets at £370 = £ 2,220,000

Champs league/Europa league 3 game package £110 = £660,000,  then you have the European qualifiers, cup games, £6,000 more mouths to feed, etc. Wouldn’t be too far from £4 million mark imo bud.

2 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

A) buyback scheme

B) different amounts of away allocations are taken up by different clubs, sometimes allowing more tickets to go to home fans

League game allocations for away teams have no bearing on amount we get.

The club keep tickets for public sale etc

18 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Interesting development. Hopefully we see safe standing introduced before then also. 

When we lowered it before I’m sure it only gave us about 1500 extra seats. Can’t believe for a minute that it would be possible to gain 8000 from doing that. I’d appreciate them lowering the fucking dug out though so I can see the corner from SW1 lol 

4 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

A) buyback scheme

Irrelevant what away teams bring, they see all allocated the corner and the policing/stewarding etc is in the same place regardless if they fill it or not. 

On the subject of our 150th.

As soon as we start advertising/promoting that in the next year or so, then anyone currently out of work should contact the advertisement standards agency as they will need to double their staff to handle the complaints and bile being spouted by every rhabid tarrier out there. 

That, coupled with us being back on top will cause meltdowns of epic proportions accross this country. 

On 11/01/2020 at 13:50, Bears r us said:

I am no expert C B :happy: but I think lowering the pitch is a poor idea because of drainage and views from the back of upper stands. 

I think it has to be the corners (where the screens are) or as you say do as they did on the GR. 

The expense for little gain makes it a non starter for me. 

6 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

It’s lowering the pitch and replacing the screens with seats that is being looked at to get the 6,000 

So they are looking at the corners again?  That will mean restricted view seating as the corners have the roof supports .    Not a cheap proposal.

Archived