Ibrox Expansion - lowering the pitch

Leeds_Bear

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Is there not a waiting list of thousands for season tickets?

There is, but the issue is a complex one and clearly the people in the know have to make the decision. Like I said, I just have no idea how much this would cost and how long it would take for us to pay it all back.

It's no small undertaking. I always have a fear of Ibrox losing some atmosphere or something like that when this type of thing is talked about. I know there will be more fans, and fans closer to the pitch so you'd think the opposite would happen - it could improve the atmosphere. I'm just of the opinion that we've got a truly great stadium, with a great atmosphere and we have to be careful. If it's not broke - don't fix it. Especially when the ends don't really justify the means.

2 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Like I said, I just have no idea how much this would cost and how long it would take for us to pay it all back.

Yet you said you don’t see it being economically viable, so how did you work that out if you’ve no idea how much it will cost?! :lol:

6 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Yet you said you don’t see it being economically viable, so how did you work that out if you’ve no idea how much it will cost?! :lol:

Because it is likely the amount of seats that we can add is very limited, and the cost is likely going to be very high, it would be interesting to see what the club comes up with. However there is no way of knowing anything close to the actual figures.

My opinion is that I don't see it being economically viable,  is there something wrong with having an opinion all of a sudden?  If so I will take back everything I've said :lol:

20 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Because it is likely the amount of seats that we can add is very limited, and the cost is likely going to be very high, it would be interesting to see what the club comes up with. However there is no way of knowing anything close to the actual figures.

My opinion is that I don't see it being economically viable,  is there something wrong with having an opinion all of a sudden?  If so I will take back everything I've said :lol:

You're allowed an opinion, I just find it funny yours is based on absolutely no insight whatsoever. 

The touchline would have to come in too much for top tiers to see , the pitch would be the size of a juniors football , already been done and it only gained about 1500 seats so a no go. If this is real info then can only think it is because its the cheapest with no real structural construction required.

38 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

There is, but the issue is a complex one and clearly the people in the know have to make the decision. Like I said, I just have no idea how much this would cost and how long it would take for us to pay it all back.

It's no small undertaking. I always have a fear of Ibrox losing some atmosphere or something like that when this type of thing is talked about. I know there will be more fans, and fans closer to the pitch so you'd think the opposite would happen - it could improve the atmosphere. I'm just of the opinion that we've got a truly great stadium, with a great atmosphere and we have to be careful. If it's not broke - don't fix it. Especially when the ends don't really justify the means.

We need to find a way of closing the revenue gap with them. £4million in revenue significantly closed the gap from ticket sales. 

Tifo football did a video a while back and it showed the taigs make around an extra £6-7million a season from ticket sales. That’s a massive chunk of revenue over the space of 10 years and explains the disparity between the clubs financials. 

4 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

You're allowed an opinion, I just find it funny yours is based on absolutely no insight whatsoever. 

In your opinion, which I would also say lacks insight.

Why don't we just close the thread because I doubt there are many structural engineers on here who could have an opinion based  on anything more than guesswork? I find it strange however you focus on my opinion, but there you go, whatever floats your boat.

This is an anonymous forum on the internet, and I'd rather talk to people willing to hear my opinion and talk sensibly rather than someone just interested in complaining about my opinion.

Although it's been bordering on tedium, I will still say thanks for the limited interaction.

17 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Could give these new seats to the tarriers when we play them to get the allocations back up and it means nobody needs to move for them if we sell them as not including that game 

Fuck that, keep them for bears only. 

4 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

In your opinion, which I would also say lacks insight.

Why don't we just close the thread because I doubt there are many structural engineers on here who could have an opinion based  on anything more than guesswork? I find it strange however you focus on my opinion, but there you go, whatever floats your boat.

This is an anonymous forum on the internet, and I'd rather talk to people willing to hear my opinion and talk sensibly rather than someone just interested in complaining about my opinion.

Although it's been bordering on tedium, I will still say thanks for the limited interaction.

No need to feel victimised, perhaps you need to take a wee break if you can't handle people challenging your opinion. 

1 hour ago, rbt1548 said:

I would rather this waited and, at present,  we plough what money we have into the team to get us on a good, stable footage where we are winning things consistently.

For me that is the most important thing just now, once we achieve this more money will come in and then we can look at possible stadium extensions.

For how long should we wait? A year? 2? 5? 10? 20?

We have had a consistant demand for more seats for over 5 years. Any business advisor would tell you that's viable

5 minutes ago, govanblue said:

or we could leave it as it is, not waste any money on dodgy builds and dodgy contracts,  raise existing ticket prices by 10% and be financially better off.

just saying like.  :p:

Which has happened before mate,  they've come to the conclusion it was not economically viable and have sidelined the project. It will probably happen again. However, I'd say  it's a bit unfair to start charging through the roof. There are some fans struggling to afford the current ticket prices. I'd rather we tried to gain revenues from other means, perhaps focusing on the millions of fans who cannot go to the games.

11 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

No need to feel victimised, perhaps you need to take a wee break if you can't handle people challenging your opinion. 

Your opinion: can't handle (lacking insight)

My opinion: can't be bothered with you (it took me 20 seconds to type this text)

Archived