Ibrox Expansion - lowering the pitch

Leeds_Bear

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bigblueyonder said:

Haven't we been told for years this can't be done due to the water table level under the pitch? 

That was my understanding too . I remember they lowered the pitch years ago to add a couple of rows and they said that was as far as they could go because of the water level . Who knows , maybe there have been advances in engineering or new products that can now cross that bridge that weren't there before . 

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It just looks like any other generic stadium. 

Nonsense. Would look amazing in real life. Old style stands, slightly modernised with the wrap around effect, framing the iconic Bill Struth Main stand. If it was feasible to do we’d end up with one of the most unique stadiums in football. Perfect blend of the traditional and modern style of stadia. 

6 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Nonsense. Would look amazing in real life. Old style stands, slightly modernised with the wrap around effect, framing the iconic Bill Struth Main stand. If it was feasible to do we’d end up with one of the most unique stadiums in football. Perfect blend of the traditional and modern style of stadia. 

You might as well knock down the 3 sides if you are going to just fill in the corners. 

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Would’ve thought a better idea would’ve been to build out from the front of the Broomloan and Copland Rear as they did on the Govan Rear.
Does the pitch not a have a problem already because it sits so low. 

I am no expert C B :happy: but I think lowering the pitch is a poor idea because of drainage and views from the back of upper stands. 

I think it has to be the corners (where the screens are) or as you say do as they did on the GR. 

8 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I am no expert C B :happy: but I think lowering the pitch is a poor idea because of drainage and views from the back of upper stands. 

I think it has to be the corners (where the screens are) or as you say do as they did on the GR. 

Screens are pathetic , I think at the time the reason we put them in was to get big Euro finals , a necessity from Uefa.

We got zero , they were a complete waste of cash as well as being shite.......

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Screens are pathetic , I think at the time the reason we put them in was to get big Euro finals , a necessity from Uefa.

We got zero , they were a complete waste of cash as well as being shite.......

I look up at them from time to time if the play is at the other end, but they are poor quality and could easely be replaced (if that was wanted) under the Broomy and Copland stands.

I just do not think lowering the pitch is a good idea, but I could be wrong.  

8 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I look up at them from time to time if the play is at the other end, but they are poor quality and could easely be replaced (if that was wanted) under the Broomy and Copland stands.

I just do not think lowering the pitch is a good idea, but I could be wrong.  

I use them for replays of goals we score.

Archived