***** The Official Rangers v Stranraer Match Thread *****

2 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Why can you not? He has had more opportunities than Barker to impress and he hasn't looked anything special. You can't have it both ways. 

More opportunities? When were they? Hes been injured since august and up to then he was more than decent. Barker has been pish in every appearance hes made.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

I'm not using his support of the club against him just find it funny some give players less stick as they are gers fans. If he wasnt a gers fan he wouldn't be getting such a light time of it from some of our fans. 

Maybe. Seems to work both ways. 

3 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Why can you not? He has had more opportunities than Barker to impress and he hasn't looked anything special. You can't have it both ways. 

People were sayin he was nothing special when he signed after a good couple of seasons with kilmarnock, he’s a decent player not a special player, if he was the latter we wouldn’t have bought Kent an he’d be playing every week so wit ye moaning at

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

Right so you want to write Jones off ? 

Jones was utter pish tonight. There’s a very good chance though that he’ll end up a more effective player than Barker and Ojo. 

The fact that Gerrard sees anything in Ojo  and Barker is baffling 

Just now, BigBearButt said:

He was starting to play well until he got injured against celtic...a game he was unlucky not to start after a good performance in europe. Think he's the type of player that has his uses in specific games - think he'll likely rotate with Aribo.

4 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

More opportunities? When were they? Hes been injured since august and up to then he was more than decent. Barker has been pish in every appearance hes made.

Absolutely-  we’ve hardly seen Jones. We’ve seen more than enough of Barker to know he’s utter pish 

1 minute ago, Swagger said:

Right so you want to write Jones off ? 

Jones was utter pish tonight. There’s a very good chance though that he’ll end up a more effective player than Barker and Ojo. 

The fact that Gerrard sees anything in Ojo  and Barker is baffling 

I'd sell him if we are approached yes. He isn't good enough. Neither is Barker.

Ojo is a much better player than Jones but  not consistent enough, he has ability but no heart and desire for the Jersey. 

14 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Anyone but Barker, like literally ANYONE. Foderingham, even. 

Strange to think we even finished the game without a recognised striker. When was the last time that happened?? 

Still, as someone else said, great that we won with what is pretty much a second string team and looked very comfortable. Patterson looks like a find. 

In our previous game to tonight after Alfredo got sent off at the piggery  :tu:

29 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Jones needs the benefit of the doubt. Ojo and Barker are neck and neck to find the worst player of the season. Barker probably edging it at the moment 

Seen ojo in games where he could be through on goal then looks for a pass instead of going alone 😂 barker has had less game time but looks pish all the same 

If we don't bring in at least 1 player to move ahead of Jones, Barker and Ojo as an attacking option I'll be extremely dissapointed. I think that would be a huge mistake as its fairly evident that at least 2, if not all 3, aren't really at the level we need at the moment. 

38 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Barker was better than Jones so don't get the logic. 

Not basing it solely on tonight. I'd say Jones looked like the classic pacey winger when we signed him, showed some real signs but could also go missing. 

Didn't understand signing Barker who was injured every 3rd game for Hibs and much like O'Halloran, looked good against us because of the space in behind on the counter. 

I'd be surprised if either make it with us, but I'd still rather Jones over Barker, not that that's saying much. 

Archived