***** The Official Rangers v Stranraer Match Thread *****

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Really don't understand the minority wanting to play the first team. We have FIVE league games in 15 days after this match.

In the summer all I heard was stronger squad, better rotation, this is exactly the game we must play the second string in. Does not matter that we had 10 days rest.

Not to mention the potential risk of injury. Jack, McGregor, Tav, Barisic, Kent must not start this game.

We've been pish after some of the previous breaks. Start more or less our full team to bury the game and then phase in the subs. 

Wes

Polster.    Goldson.   Edmundson  Barasic

Davis

Jack.                  Kamara 

Stewart.                     Jones

Defoe

5 -0 Gers  

I think we struggled this time last year with the SC game cancelled, then more experienced players put into the HJK friendly, but no competitive football before the 1st league game after the break. Im more bothered now about 1st team readiness for the league than about Steanraer so I'd go with a strong starting 11, give them 45 / 60 mins,  then look to give youth an introduction.

Wes

Tav.  Goldson. Katic.  Barisic 

Jack. Davis. Kamara

Aribo Defoe. Kent

Would like to see Jones plus some of the youngsters like Maxwell, Patterson or Kennedy get minutes if possible. Also wouldn't be upset if Stewart replaced Defoe at some point. Get the game comfortable early doors, get replacements on and look forward to St Mirren.

I understand the call for some serious rotation to take place, however for me I want us to come back from the winter break and send out a message with a really big win like a 6-0. Not saying a weaker team cant win and cant win well but does run the risk of a tighter game and the media using it to suggest we are going to struggle in second half of the season based on last season.  

Archived