Sign in to follow this  
Thermopylae

Miller Brand and Wilson what better could you want

Met him on a train to Motherwell a couple of times. 

He kept pigeons and someone had stolen a couple of them so he bought a German Shepherd to guard  them

Second time I met him he was pissed off - someone had pinched his dug! 

Great forward line with Scott and the Wee Prime Minister. 

The team I was brought up on as a teenager with my Dad. 

10 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

One of the best wingers ..... and occasional full back at International level .... we have ever had ..... proper gentleman also.

One of his best attributes was his consistency .... game after game ..... something that is not found in great abundance with a lot of todays players .... some of whom are older than Davie when he started to play for us ..... in a league full of really good sides at home .... and in Europe.

:UK:

They really were exceptional people Bobby. :thumbsup:
absolute gentlemen,who would take time out for the fans all over the country.
Their whole lives were The Rangers.

bornabear and Bobby Hume like this

was in kia,s pub just before the  67 final and he told us the team for the final, johnston was just back from injury / berwick/ and he was strait in the team kia said davie was out and nearly in tears at symon. just about the time  he was shipped to dund.untd

Davie Wilson celebrated his 81st birthday on Friday, hope he has many more to come. A great player and servant to the club, played 382 games, scoring 159 goals a great record for a winger, Wilson was transferred to Dundee United at the age of 28, far too early as he had so much more to offer the club, imo.

On 11/1/2020 at 21:19, Jasper Blues said:

Met him on a train to Motherwell a couple of times. 

He kept pigeons and someone had stolen a couple of them so he bought a German Shepherd to guard  them

Second time I met him he was pissed off - someone had pinched his dug! 

Great forward line with Scott and the Wee Prime Minister. 

The team I was brought up on as a teenager with my Dad. 

I actually spoke to him a few days after John Lambie had died and he was sad because they had the doo's in common ... it was Scott who cost him the 7 :happy:

Bobby Hume likes this

I was lucky enough to watch Rangers in those days. Amazing how the same players turned out week after week. Very few injuries and no substitutes allowed either. There was one extreme fan in those days who named his son with all of the players' names as middle names. That's right Ritchie, Shearer, Caldow,Davis, Patterson, Baxter, Scott, McMillan, Miller, Brand and Wilson were the middle names.  Ralph Brand was deadly at scoring goals and Slim Jim was the best player in the world at that time. So many great memories!

Bobby Hume likes this