Who Is Our Most Under Rated Player?

TopCat

After banging in another two goals today I reckon Greg Stewart is currently our most under rated player.I know it was against weak opposition but  he difinitely offers something different in an attacking sense imo. I rate him highly.

Thoughts?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say kamara, maybe doesn't  get the praise of davis or Jack but has been as important.

Most of our better players do seem to get the credit they deserve, from the fans anyway.

Guys like Stewart haven't done anything to suggest they are under rated imo. 

1 minute ago, Creampuff said:

Goldson.

The guy consistently strolls it yet there’s a bizarre perception that he’s dodgy in some way.

Agreed mate............ I rate Goldson very highly but he just seems to be one of those players where nothing is ever good enough.

A 7 out of ten player week in week out which is what you need from your center backs.

2 minutes ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

Could it be Jack? I think we've all just come to expect great performances from him. He's the best midfielder in the country and has grown immensely under SG. 

When Tav leaves to England, Jack is my captain. 

Yeah, hard to argue with any of that mate. Jack definitely has the qualities to become a future captain of our club. But I think our fan base rate him very highly so couldn't agree that he is under rated by our support or even those on RM.

He is very highly rated - unlike Greg Stewart - 2 very different players to be fair.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

It has to be Greg Stewart. Every time he plays, he does something only to see him be behind the likes of Barker come the next game. And I'm sure he will be behind Jones now, when he shouldn't.

Agree 100% with this post mate.............. he should be further up the pecking order for a place on the bench or even the starting 11. Good post.:tu:

5 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Agree 100% with this post mate.............. he should be further up the pecking order for a place on the bench or even the starting 11. Good post.:tu:

An example of that is the League Cup Final. We are chasing the game and Barker comes on when we need a goal. It is obvious to see Stewart has goals in him. He is underplayed and undervalued imo.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Everytime?

He was shit when starting against Motherwell at home and East Fife away. Average at home to St Joseph's and did nothing when he came on as a sub at Young Boys.

The way some go on like he should be starting makes him overrated. He's had as many poor performances as good. 

I never once said he should start.

I don't think we under rate any of our current players in terms of ability, they have all had high praise when its been merited throughout the season so far. 

I think in terms of overall contribution Defoe and Davis have had a far bigger impact on the squad than just what we see when they're on the park. The step up in levels in guys like Jack and Kamara, and of course Morelos, since these 2 joined isn't  just coincidence imo. 

They've both done well when called upon, Davis has been excellent since about March and is a vital part of the first 11, Defoes goal to minutes ratio is tremendous but I think their overall impact on the squad is perhaps a little underrated. 

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

Morelos. 

He's a one man forward line, who consistently bangs in goals.     

And will probably go to one of top 12 European teams when he goes. 

Totally agree. Kent and aribo are class players but not forwards in the traditional sense. The way morelos bullies defences, makes chances for himself and scores as much as he does is unreal. I'm 32 and I rate him as highly as I've rated most strikers we've had in that time. But still think I'm under rating him. He's going to go on and have some career. 

3 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

I don't think we under rate any of our current players in terms of ability, they have all had high praise when its been merited throughout the season so far. 

I think in terms of overall contribution Defoe and Davis have had a far bigger impact on the squad than just what we see when they're on the park. The step up in levels in guys like Jack and Kamara, and of course Morelos, since these 2 joined isn't  just coincidence imo. 

They've both done well when called upon, Davis has been excellent since about March and is a vital part of the first 11, Defoes goal to minutes ratio is tremendous but I think their overall impact on the squad is perhaps a little underrated. 

Good post mate ......... agree with most of that. I sometimes wonder where we would have finished in the league last season if we had Defoe and Davis in the squad from the start of the season.

Archived