Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rlm

Shankland

Recommended Posts


47 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

 

Simple question for Spence, how many goals has shankland scored in Europe or the top flight in Scotland. Answer, none on both counts so dont even mention him in the same sentence as Morelos. Of course if United meet the tarriers in the cup and Shankland scores he will then be the real deal and better than Morelos using tarrier logic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TMB said:

Leigh Griffiths started out scoring goals in the Championship for Dundee.  He went on to score goals in the top-tier and at international level.  

Robertson played in the lower leagues and now has a Champions League medal.

It’s foolish to write players off just because of the league they play in.  I doubt Finland is regarded as a high standard of league but yet we signed Morelos from there.

I don’t think anyone will know how good Shankland is, or how far he can go, until he makes a step up.  He’s obviously far too good for the Scottish Championship.  I wouldn’t take a punt on him now because Dundee United will want millions.  

Good post mate........... you never know how good a player is until you see them put to the test at a higher level........... look at AM for the perfect example.

GeeSS likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

There was a young boy scored a hat trick for Falkirk today.

Should we sign him up to? 

Declan😗 aye why not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TMB said:

Leigh Griffiths started out scoring goals in the Championship for Dundee.  He went on to score goals in the top-tier and at international level.  

Robertson played in the lower leagues and now has a Champions League medal.

It’s foolish to write players off just because of the league they play in.  I doubt Finland is regarded as a high standard of league but yet we signed Morelos from there.

I don’t think anyone will know how good Shankland is, or how far he can go, until he makes a step up.  He’s obviously far too good for the Scottish Championship.  I wouldn’t take a punt on him now because Dundee United will want millions.  

I agree mate and said as much, but for us we can't gamble on potential so much. For every Robertson and thumb there are hundreds of others that dont push on.

Maybe shankland will do really well, but its like you say for what he would cost us now we could add a bit more and get someone in more suited to our style. The time to take a punt was before he went to utd when he would have cost peanuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

I agree mate and said as much, but for us we can't gamble on potential so much. For every Robertson and thumb there are hundreds of others that dont push on.

Maybe shankland will do really well, but its like you say for what he would cost us now we could add a bit more and get someone in more suited to our style. The time to take a punt was before he went to utd when he would have cost peanuts.

In years gone by the Scottish market was our only shopping place we done not too bad though with Cooper/Doddie/ Forsyth/McLean/Smith/Stein/and plenty more Bobby Russell was even signed from Shettleston Juniors and  that just seems mental that such a quality player was playing at that level, remember the Eindhoven goal? my fav ever.

We also had some duffers along the way but every single signing is a gamble, as you say Shankland from Ayr was the time to gamble.

Bearsden bear and The Ghost like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

Price would be in the millions if we were looking at him , tims will get him for under 500k............

Most likely . Not sure his contract length . Would still test the water . Just to put a spanner in the works

We need to fuck this club up , next season . A few humiliations on the park please . I can't wait to thrash them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

Bears Den???!??? 

 

Always wanted to do that....

Never done it once . Proud of that .

 Leave that to the jobsworths and the guys that never start any OPs of their own  :whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

 

Because scoring goals against Patrick Thistle and Ayr United is comparable to being the top scorer in the Europa League. And that whopper is meant to be a “journalist” :lol:

 

Bears likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Because scoring goals against Patrick Thistle and Ayr United is comparable to being the top scorer in the Europa League. And that whopper is meant to be a “journalist” :lol:

 

Has he scored against the greatest team the world has ever seen though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have a big shock coming when they assume their players are better than they are. From experience certainly !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

We should’ve signed him in the summer and loaned him out. He was a no risk signing then.

Wouldnt waste money on him now.

Especially from them, they would rip the right piss out of us on price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...