Shankland

Rlm

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have liked us to have taken him in the summer to see what Stevie and our coaches could have done to add to his ability to score goals.

That did not happen so we might as well forget about him now because spending the money the Dundee Tarriers would want is not going to happen or on my opinion would want to happen. 

5 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I would have liked us to have taken him in the summer to see what Stevie and our coaches could have done to add to his ability to score goals.

That did not happen so we might as well forget about him now because spending the money the Dundee Tarriers would want is not going to happen or on my opinion would want to happen. 

SG probably didn't see enough in him or thought he wouldn't  improve.

I wouldn't like to see they cunts sign him tbh.

Don't kid yourself he will score plenty in the top flight against st mirren and kilmarnock ect

The type of striker to get you 3 points when it looks nailed on the 2 points are dropped.

1 hour ago, bornabear said:

SG probably didn't see enough in him or thought he wouldn't  improve.

Probably mate, I just think for the outlay he is one who I would have liked to have taken a chance on, but we have to go with what Stevie and staff feel was right. :thumbup:

18 hours ago, tannerall said:

At the beginning of season I'd have said yes, but now think we can attract a better, classier type of player.

Am actually expecting Gerrard to maybe spring a big surprise forward on us in the transfer window.

I hope you're right mate!  Another sharpenin of the knife 😎

17 hours ago, TMB said:

Leigh Griffiths started out scoring goals in the Championship for Dundee.  He went on to score goals in the top-tier and at international level.  

Robertson played in the lower leagues and now has a Champions League medal.

It’s foolish to write players off just because of the league they play in.  I doubt Finland is regarded as a high standard of league but yet we signed Morelos from there.

I don’t think anyone will know how good Shankland is, or how far he can go, until he makes a step up.  He’s obviously far too good for the Scottish Championship.  I wouldn’t take a punt on him now because Dundee United will want millions.  

Griffiths left the lower leagues at 20

Robertson at 19

Morelos moved here at 21

Shankland’s still there at 24, he’s obviously a good goal scorer but it’s a lazy comparison to compare him with those 3.

Archived