Should we spend the summer budget now ?

stevotrueblue

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The January window is, in the main, a lot of shite.

Not a lot of players are available.

Agreed,  very overpriced to buy, so not much happening - even in England. It'll boil down to a few loanees and small sales/undisclosed fee exits imo.

Also talking about trimming the squad we really should be looking to sell but if not best to loan out players like Docherty, Middleton etc to other SPFL teams. 

They’ve done it for years and worked for them, especially against us with Mulumbu etc. 

Can only help in our search for the league

No because by and large January is a horrible window to try and sign players. I know we’ve done successful business in January before but most clubs either panic buy or over value their players because nobody wants to sell their better players at this time of year. Its a time for tweaking squads, not making big statement signings.

I think that during this window we should concentrate on getting rid of the players we are not going to use/need. This will free up some cash and we could look at getting 1 or 2 players that would improve the quality of the first team. This window is usually over priced by clubs panic buying and the selection is usually poor. If we could get rid of our surplus that would be a goood window.

I agree we are in with a good shout. We have to watch who we bring in and their fitness levels.  Last January i thought adding Davis and Defoe was a game changer, but unfortunately neither were fit enough at that time.

Who knows next season we might be miles behind (doubt it) and we could rue passing up this chance.

Priorty is taking that title back off the beasts and we should do everything in our power to achieve that this season. If we exert enough pressure on lennon it will become very interesting.

Just now, bluenoz said:

We would never stop spendingl. The best club in the world are after Dembele from Barcelona. They never stop. I believe our summer budget should include another star.

Realistically who though ? It’s not even if we can afford a big name signing or wages, the biggest stumbling block for me is that it’s hard to attract quality to play in Scotland 

Archived