Shameful article on Morelos

Bad Robot

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The article is bad this is fuckin horrendous tho

With his Resting Bitch Face pout, his flailing elbows and snide off-the-ball kicks, the way he’d rather fall over to get a fellow player sent off than take a shot at goal, he seems hell-bent on making as few friends as possible in our game.

Wtf the club can't let it go this time that's disgusting journalism 

Would this happen if Morelos was Scottish? No

Would this happen if he was a t***. No

Would this happen if he was down south? No, at-least not to this extent.

Fuck the Scottish media. Im glad i live away from it. I feel for Morelos. Yes he earns a-lot of money. But nobody should have to put up with this shit

#MidWalesLoyal

This is the equivalent of a moron on twitter lashing out and howling at the moon because he doesn't like Morelos. Anybody could write a piece like this as it is solely a one-sided view  that lacks any kind of constructive criticism. Difference is Leckie is a tabloid journalist using his employment to vent his dislike to the nation and at the sametime declaring that he to is a moron. 

18 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

With his Resting Bitch Face pout, his flailing elbows and snide off-the-ball kicks, the way he’d rather fall over to get a fellow player sent off than take a shot at goal, he seems hell-bent on making as few friends as possible in our game.

"Our game"

Screams of the backwards attitude that will always ensure that Scottish fitbaw will stay a backwater, don't want uppity foreign players getting above their stations.

Where's Leckie's article about the diving cheat Christie who not only has been sent off for real dirty challenges but has been banned for brutality towards Morelos in the act of grabbing his genitals? Does Leckie consider that Christie has let his team mates down or maybe that's just acceptable because he's a white Scot?

18 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Where's Leckie's article about the diving cheat Christie who not only has been sent off for real dirty challenges but has been banned for brutality towards Morelos in the act of grabbing his genitals? Does Leckie consider that Christie has let his team mates down or maybe that's just acceptable because he's a white Scot?

Correct ,doesn’t take long to go through the cards Morelos has received ,most are from refs desperate to book him ,for things everybody else is getting away with ,easily makes his discipline look awful 

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

Correct ,doesn’t take long to go through the cards Morelos has received ,most are from refs desperate to book him ,for things everybody else is getting away with ,easily makes his discipline look awful 

Which could do Rangers a big favour,accidently ofcourse 🙂 IF it puts off big clubs coming in for Alfie,the money would be nice but he would be a big loss to us imo.

49 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Was about to quote the same bit but realised you'd already done it.

At any time that would be completely astounding to be allowed to be printed/put online by a paper about a player. But when concerns about racism and ill treatment against him have been raised and this cunt has essentially attempted to justify it? Fucking mind-boggling.

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

Aye your right,the club can't let it go but they will.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Any sensible person can see how one-dimensional that article is and one full of hate. I actually think in time, it may backfire and the neutral will easily see Leckie and the newspaper for who they are - racists.

There is no neutral in Scotland you are either Rangers or you’re not and the not will think that article is fair and balanced. 

I don’t really do Twitter but I messaged The Scottish Sun Facebook page earlier with the following...

Truly shambolic piece by Bill Leckie in the Sun this morning regarding Alfredo Morelos. Utterly xenophobic, biased with accusations made about the character of someone Bill, I’m certain, has never even met. It makes a mockery of the Sun’s own #RespectOurPlayers campaign. Furthermore, it’s a really disgusting, shameful piece and an abomination of opinion, never mind ‘journalism’. It’s shocking, in the true sense of the word, that it was allowed to even be published. 

I don’t purchase print newspapers but I completely stopped reading the Record online about a year ago because of abysmal content that was clearly agenda driven. When I began to then read the sport on Sun, I was pleasantly surprised by the greater degree of impartiality and fairness. 

However, I’m sorry to say, I won’t be giving The Scottish Sun online any further clicks and certainly won’t be buying the print edition. And I know I’m not alone. This is a real, watershed piece of gutter-level journalism. Quite frankly, it’s a hate piece.

I don’t expect to get an answer but it has been seen. However I’d encourage anyone else who feels strongly about this to contact them too.  No more clicks from me for transfer news etc.  Have to say, I’d love to see the ex Rangers players who have opinion pieces printed  on it stand up against it too (fat chance, I know). But it really has crossed a line.

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

The club have to act on it, first thing should be a ban to the Sun newspaper and send out a clear warning that anybody else writes utter shit like this will be getting banned.

If he does get banned you can bet the house his next article will be worse.

21 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Which could do Rangers a big favour,accidently ofcourse 🙂 IF it puts off big clubs coming in for Alfie,the money would be nice but he would be a big loss to us imo.

For me there is no doubt if it hadn’t been the negative campaign against Morelos he would likely have been bought last summer for 15 to 20M ,Now we have had him banging in the goals for fun and top scorer in EL ,his form and value have rocketed and he’s looking like the guy who could win us the league ,

kinda back fired on the taig media 

19 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

I don’t really do Twitter but I messaged The Scottish Sun Facebook page earlier with the following...

Truly shambolic piece by Bill Leckie in the Sun this morning regarding Alfredo Morelos. Utterly xenophobic, biased with accusations made about the character someone Bill, I’m certain, has never even met. It makes a mockery of the Sun’s own #RespectOurPlayers campaign. Furthermore, it’s a really disgusting, shameful piece and an abomination of opinion, never mind ‘journalism’. It’s shocking, in the true sense of the word, that it was allowed to even be published. 

I don’t purchase print newspapers but I completely stopped reading the Record online about a year ago because of abysmal content that was clearly agenda driven. When I began to then read the sport on Sun, I was pleasantly surprised by the greater degree of impartiality and fairness. 

However, I’m sorry to say, I won’t be giving The Scottish Sun online any further clicks and certainly won’t be buying the print edition. And I know I’m not alone. This is a real, watershed piece of gutter-level journalism. Quite frankly, it’s a hate piece.

I don’t expect to get an answer but it has been seen. However I’d encourage anyone else who feels strongly about this to contact them too.  No more clicks from me for transfer news etc.  Have to say, I’d love to see the ex Rangers players who have opinion pieces printed  on it stand up against it too (fat chance, I know). But it really has crossed a line.

Nice one bear in the toon :tu:

Archived