Shameful article on Morelos

Bad Robot

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, LochendBilly said:

The lack of action/statement from our club is disgusting, they have a duty of care to Buff as he is an employee. That aside, it would be the RIGHT thing to do to come out and defend him. I wonder how Alfredo sees the clubs cowardice?

I would imagine that most RFC  employees know that the only reputations defended and accusations challenged are those of the board .everyone else is fair game in a world of self preservation. 

If Alfie was a run of the mill striker, there would be no negative comments from the usual suspects in the media, he is a top striker who plays on the edge and scores for fun and that is the reason they hate him, he is a threat to their beloved Celtcs TIAR

It's ok for leggo eater to rampage around the park elbowing and snapping at players heels, snarling at everyone with his stupid shavin' head at his age, its ok for him to sit on the pavement drunk eating a pizza ,its ok for him to look sullen and angry . Alfie doesn't run to the bookies after training, or sing racist songs in slop houses, stick his dick in any young girl he meets and have kids to about 3 different women, he has not been convicted of assault or running about firing air pistols or sending text threats to women

The reason these players get away with no negative press is they are white Scotsmen or play for Celtc

4 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Brazil again calling him a screwball, Allerdyce under the false impression that he is disruptive in the camp, not a fuckin clue between the pair of them.

Brazil just jealous that Alfie is doing the biz and has a career unlike him who's claim to fame was becoming the bheasts plaything.

54 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Morelos and his "issues" getting more column inches than a disgusting paedo ring and further pending charges at the club across this city says all tou need to know about the MSM in this country.

Ditto our politicians who have spoken in Holyrood about Rangers tax case plus 'sectarian' coin throwing at TLB but ignore widespread racist and xenophobic acts, plus the paedo issue, Scotland's "Rotherham" as I now call it.

Honestly hate what our country has become.

Nailed it.....

Really disappointed with the lack of action from the club. They absolutely nailed the post OF stuff, calling for VAR to highlight the refereeing errors, backing Alfie for the ‘gesture’ and the coverage of him yet all that is undone now. Not good enough to be honest. 

Scotsman article today

Rangerss starAlfredo Morelos' former agent and his current agency have hit out at the coverage of the Colombian international in the Scottish media.

The 23-year-old was the subject of stinging criticism in a column of a Scottish newspaper recently where he was called a "waster", "spoiled, angry brat" and said to have "done the square root of hee-haw".

Morelos, who has netted 28 goals in 35 appearance this campaign, including six goals in the Europa League group stages, has been a crucial element of Rangers' success this campaign and is valued by the club at upwards of £20million.

The player is represented by World in Motion, with one of their agents taking to Twitter to question what he feels is "bizarre" treatment of the striker, highlighting the player's incredible generosity.

Michael Gorman, who manages the agency's American MLS and South American markets, said: "One of the most generous (and humble) individuals I have ever met. Used his first signing bonus to buy his Mom and sisters a new home in Colombia.

"Used his second signing bonus to fund his foundation in his hometown.

"The campaign against Morelos in the Scottish press is one of the most bizarre situations I have seen in sports."

His comments were backed up by Jonne Lindblom, who used to work with Morelos and is now sporting director of Finnish side KuPS.

"Scottish media is the worst," he tweeted. "They've always had an agenda against Morelos."

The player yesterday shared an Instagram post of kind words paid to him by Rangers boss Steven Gerrard.

It read: “He knows he’s not perfect but he’s certainly misunderstood because he does a lot of good work and he is trying so hard to improve.

"He is too generous, even at Rangers, he is always the first to shake hands or take out of his pocket for charity."

Seen people say that Brazil is under orders to control the narrative around Morelos down south so as to drive his price down.

Aye, I'm sure all the clubs in England with all their money and their coaching staffs and their extensive scouting networks, experienced and top quality scouting staff  are going to be put off buying a player because of what some fat alky on a Radio station has to say.

Neither the hacks up here or the hacks down there will have a say on where he goes or how much its worth to Rangers.

Club need to come out now and say something about this, it's a fucking farce they haven't going on what has been written even in the past week.

Even if Morelos moves clubs, the Scottish media will still continue to slate him at every oppurtunity. It's an unhealthy obsession.

If we win the league and/or get within touching distance of the Europa league trophy, and Alfredo keeps scoring (tho there is much more to his game) along the way, when he heartbreakingly leaves he will go for a record amount, no matter what any hack with a vendetta or former player who did nothing of any  note in their career has to say.

So a fat allkly gambbler that clearly has Stockholm syndrome ref his past and former employer  abusing him and a dinosaur fond of fat brown envelopes of cash, question the integrity and mentality of young man they dont know and ignore reality to push an agenda? Colour me shocked. 

25 minutes ago, Amato said:

Scotsman article today

Rangerss starAlfredo Morelos' former agent and his current agency have hit out at the coverage of the Colombian international in the Scottish media.

The 23-year-old was the subject of stinging criticism in a column of a Scottish newspaper recently where he was called a "waster", "spoiled, angry brat" and said to have "done the square root of hee-haw".

Morelos, who has netted 28 goals in 35 appearance this campaign, including six goals in the Europa League group stages, has been a crucial element of Rangers' success this campaign and is valued by the club at upwards of £20million.

The player is represented by World in Motion, with one of their agents taking to Twitter to question what he feels is "bizarre" treatment of the striker, highlighting the player's incredible generosity.

Michael Gorman, who manages the agency's American MLS and South American markets, said: "One of the most generous (and humble) individuals I have ever met. Used his first signing bonus to buy his Mom and sisters a new home in Colombia.

"Used his second signing bonus to fund his foundation in his hometown.

"The campaign against Morelos in the Scottish press is one of the most bizarre situations I have seen in sports."

His comments were backed up by Jonne Lindblom, who used to work with Morelos and is now sporting director of Finnish side KuPS.

"Scottish media is the worst," he tweeted. "They've always had an agenda against Morelos."

The player yesterday shared an Instagram post of kind words paid to him by Rangers boss Steven Gerrard.

It read: “He knows he’s not perfect but he’s certainly misunderstood because he does a lot of good work and he is trying so hard to improve.

"He is too generous, even at Rangers, he is always the first to shake hands or take out of his pocket for charity."

Reading that is horrible. Should make people in the industry hang there head. They are trying to force him from our league. I think he's away in the summer regardless but I'd love to know why the continue this campaign against foreigners that can't communicate in English very well that's Pedro and now morelos

51 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Really disappointed with the lack of action from the club. They absolutely nailed the post OF stuff, calling for VAR to highlight the refereeing errors, backing Alfie for the ‘gesture’ and the coverage of him yet all that is undone now. Not good enough to be honest. 

It's poor.  This is reputational damage, brand damage and could well affect the value of prized, valuable assets (Morelos & Gerrard).  There is a primary duty of care on directors to protect the assets of the business from harm that may affect share values or the value of business assets.  

I don't see it.  :dunno:

Just now, coopsleftboot said:

It's poor.  This is reputational damage, brand damage and could well affect the value of prized, valuable assets (Morelos & Gerrard).  There is a primary duty of care on directors to protect the assets of the business from harm that may affect share values or the value of business assets.  

I don't see it.  :dunno:

It will have absolutely no effect on the value of Morelos or Gerrard. The idea that clubs will decide their targets/what they'll pay based on something written in a paper/online is genuinely laughable. Christ, clubs generally couldn't give a fuck less what fans think about a signing, never mind some bollocks written in a regional tabloid paper.

21 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Reading that is horrible. Should make people in the industry hang there head. They are trying to force him from our league. I think he's away in the summer regardless but I'd love to know why the continue this campaign against foreigners that can't communicate in English very well that's Pedro and now morelos

Easy targets, Pedro knew a wee bit of english but would get ridiculed for everything he said, even using cups to explain his tactics absolutely bewildered the media and they decided to have another go at him.

Morelos either doesn't speak English or has very limited knowledge of the language so they know they can write anything and he won't say anything about it, the club need to be the ones that defend him but i'm sure in Club 1872 statement last night that there wasn't much they could do about Leckie because it is an opinion piece no matter how wrong or shambolic it is.

Sam Allardyce was on the fat alkys show this morning and the subject of Morelos came up ,Fatso said that Morelos is a good player but is a nutjob who runs about winding people up and diving all over the place ,

Something needs done about that ,Not since Diouf has a player been targeted by the opposition and not since Gazza has a player been targeted by officials 

just goes to show what a media created persona can do when the likes of Lego get praised for winding people up and Christie’s diving and bad challenges get glossed over as out of character 

25 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It will have absolutely no effect on the value of Morelos or Gerrard. The idea that clubs will decide their targets/what they'll pay based on something written in a paper/online is genuinely laughable. Christ, clubs generally couldn't give a fuck less what fans think about a signing, never mind some bollocks written in a regional tabloid paper.

Spot on, no potential suitor will be looking at red tops or watching/ listening in to has been ex pro presenters/ pundits.
A players value will be determined on his performance, ability, age, attitude and potential in which imo Morelos excels...

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

With Morelos it's not "regional" though is it?  When you have national broadcasters, e.g. Talk Sport, Sky, BT, all having people all talking down value because he's a "liability", "screwball" or any other number of negative traits, you don't believe that has any influence on potential buyers?  Don't tell me you don't really think clubs spending lots of money don't do background homework and profiling on players when it comes to behaviour, off-field issues, how they might fit-in etc.   Top clubs do just that...it seriously does have the potential to  influence potential buyers ergo sale price.

4 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Mate, it is a nonsense to think anyone pays any attention to C1872, Rangers make that type of statement and it covered by the media and Alfredo feels we are at least trying to protect him.

To let that rag get off without a shot fired from our Club is really poor IMO. ☹

I understand this, but they are used by the club to release statements that they don't want to be associated to themselves.

They also wouldn't release something without it be played by the club first.

4 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

With Morelos it's not "regional" though is it?  When you have national broadcasters, e.g. Talk Sport, Sky, BT, all having people all talking down value because he's a "liability", "screwball" or any other number of negative traits, you don't believe that has any influence on potential buyers?  Don't tell me you don't really think clubs spending lots of money don't do background homework and profiling on players when it comes to behaviour, off-field issues, how they might fit-in etc.   Top clubs do just that...it seriously does have the potential to  influence potential buyers ergo sale price.

They absolutely do their homework but  they do it by asking people who actually deal with the player on a consistent basis about them rather than reading some shite in a paper and making their decision on that. Stuff written in papers, on radio etc might give prospective buyers certain things they want to check out but they then go to people with first-hand experience of the player. Former team-mates, ex-coaches, agents, players at their own club who have played against them, family members. They don't go on the back of Sam Allardyce calling him a 'screwball' on Talksport or Bill Leckie calling him a 'waster' in the sun.

To the best of my knowledge, Morelos has never even been in the same room as Leckie, Allardyce or 'Arry. Why would any club take their view on his personality and behaviour in any way seriously? If an EPL club were interested in signing Morelos, whose opinion do you think would carry more weight, Steven Gerrard or Sam Allardyce?

Archived