Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Marky.

Five times Rangers waster Alfredo Morelos slouched around hating his job

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

To top it all off celtic have a waster who got in the team of the decade, has been caught at the racing with a bevvy when he was supposed to be in recovery 😂 crazy journalism id like to know if he understands what the meaning of the word waster is

Same waster that was caught gambling on football matches and full of cocaine but we are still waiting on the SFA investigation because the poor wee soul felt depressed so he did. 

Blumhoilann and Tomatasauce like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No question the sun should be banned. 

I said it in the other thread but how the fuck that got the go ahead is fucking beyond me.

Might be the emotion of it but for me right now it's worse than Strachan fumbling through his A.Johnson/Sterling analogy because at least that (at least seemingly) was down to pure ignorance.

Should be a fucking furore over that article.

bluedart1952 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luckless Leckie....when all else fails be as controversial as you can be....that just might get you a reaction.Forget being objective and professional,just be a walloper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Club 1872 comment on continued media targeting of Alfredo Morelos

Dear Member

Club 1872 informed members and Rangers supporters last week that we were taking forward a complaint about an article that appeared in the Sun newspaper which included quotes from a man they appear to have falsely presented as both a psychiatrist and a psychologist. We have now submitted this complaint to IPSO and will update members and supporters on that process at its conclusion.

We are also aware of a column by Bill Leckie in the same newspaper which is full of the type of xenophobic and offensive comment which has become common place in tabloid newspapers when discussing Alfredo Morelos. Unfortunately opinion, no matter how malicious or idiotic, is not covered under IPSO regulations and we cannot use this method to challenge this column. Club 1872 is a major shareholder in the club and it is clear that this type of reporting is designed to damage the Rangers brand and create a toxic environment at a time when Rangers supporters are rightly optimistic about the future. On that basis, we remain in dialogue with Rangers about medium and longer term strategies to challenge irresponsible articles like this about our club, fans and players.

We have also written to Scottish Sun Editor, Alan Muir, asking for an explanation of how Mr Leckie's description of Alfredo Morelos as a "waster" sits with their Respect Our Players campaign. It appears the Scottish Sun believes this campaign should not apply to its own columnists.

We would remind Rangers supporters that the Scottish Sun, and indeed the Daily Record and other tabloid newspapers, are commercial organisations. They rely on your clicks, shares and purchases to survive. Whilst they continue to receive these clicks and shares they will continue to produce this type of content. When we ran our Change the Record campaign it had a visible effect on the number of shares and clicks for that newspaper - with many supporters choosing to block Daily Record accounts on social media. It cannot be emphasised enough how strong the position of our supporters is in dealing with this issue, if we are prepared act in unison and take decisive action. If you feel the need to comment on these type of attacks on our players and club - and we understand why people wish to do that - then we would urge you to use screenshots on social media rather than sharing links.

In the meantime, there are a number of outlets which Rangers supporters can use for news about our club. These outlets provide a wealth of content including club news and debate. We have included a link to a standalone page with detail of these outlets below. It is particularly worth noting that Rangers’ own social media channels provide quicker access to regular press conference content than tabloids and that you can hear the management and players’ comments without the filter often applied to them by dishonest reporting.

Click here for a list of tabloid media alternatives

Issued by Supporters Voice Limited, a Club 1872 company

Club 1872

Sweetheart and dougie76 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Same waster that was caught gambling on football matches and full of cocaine but we are still waiting on the SFA investigation because the poor wee soul felt depressed so he did. 

Just shows you that if Morelos played the weak minded victim card like the thumb, leckie would get the jail for hurting his feelings in his article, not only that the mental health charity’s would drive him out his profession for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

No question the sun should be banned. 

I said it in the other thread but how the fuck that got the go ahead is fucking beyond me.

Might be the emotion of it but for me right now it's worse than Strachan fumbling through his A.Johnson/Sterling analogy because at least that (at least seemingly) was down to pure ignorance.

Should be a fucking furore over that article.

100%

 

It's an absolute fucking disgrace.

Laudrupsleftfoot likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sket said:

Of course its worthy of a fucking response. Sitting in fucking silence for years is the reason these filthy fenian bastards think the can say and write whatever the fuck they like.

Why do you think he wrote the article in the first place? How do you think he’d feel about getting a personal response from Rangers Football Club? What do you think other tabloid scum hacks would do if they saw how easy it was to get the attention of a huge football club?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tomatasauce said:

To top it all off celtic have a waster who got in the team of the decade, has been caught at the racing with a bevvy when he was supposed to be in recovery 😂 crazy journalism id like to know if he understands what the meaning of the word waster is

Shocking when you think of the treatment Gascoigne gets, yet Lennon threatens  wummin, and Griffiths does all sorts but little is mentioned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Just shows you that if Morelos played the weak minded victim card like the thumb, leckie would get the jail for hurting his feelings in his article, not only that the mental health charity’s would drive him out his profession for it

Not in the catholic republic of Scotland it wouldn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Why do you think he wrote the article in the first place? How do you think he’d feel about getting a personal response from Rangers Football Club? What do you think other tabloid scum hacks would do if they saw how easy it was to get the attention of a huge football club?

He wrote it because he is a fucking fenian dog who thinks he can do whatever he pleases when it comes to us.

 

That article is a fucking disgrace,at best it's completely xenophobic,at worst it's borderline fucking racism....and it exists because too many cunts like yourself think the best way to deal with these rodents and the bile they spew is to stick your fingers in your ears and pretend it doesn't exist.

Blumhoilann likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sket said:

He wrote it because he is a fucking fenian dog who thinks he can do whatever he pleases when it comes to us.

 

That article is a fucking disgrace,at best it's completely xenophobic,at worst it's borderline fucking racism....and it exists because too many cunts like yourself think the best way to deal with these rodents and the bile they spew is to stick your fingers in your ears and pretend it doesn't exist.

I’m not debating that the article is a fucking disgrace, and I don’t think we should stick our fingers in our ears. Any cunt stupid enough to still read the sun should stop, and by all means the arsehole in question should be quietly banned from Ibrox. I just don’t think the club should feed the troll by giving the little dick even more of the attention he craves.

But you carry on with your little angry, sweary rant routine. You obviously enjoy it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

I’m not debating that the article is a fucking disgrace, and I don’t think we should stick our fingers in our ears. Any cunt stupid enough to still read the sun should stop, and by all means the arsehole in question should be quietly banned from Ibrox. I just don’t think the club should feed the troll by giving the little dick even more of the attention he craves.

But you carry on with your little angry, sweary rant routine. You obviously enjoy it 

Glad you fucking agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Not in the catholic republic of Scotland it wouldn't.

It’s depressing as fuck mate, there’s so much bullshit goin on in our country I had to get out, best move I’ve ever made. Holland takes a bit of getting used to, the language is brutal lol but the thought of coming back to Scotland is the same feeling you get standing in court knowing you getting a sentence! 
was good coming home for Xmas but 6 days was plenty lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, geneva_ger said:

Club 1872 comment on continued media targeting of Alfredo Morelos

Dear Member

Club 1872 informed members and Rangers supporters last week that we were taking forward a complaint about an article that appeared in the Sun newspaper which included quotes from a man they appear to have falsely presented as both a psychiatrist and a psychologist. We have now submitted this complaint to IPSO and will update members and supporters on that process at its conclusion.

We are also aware of a column by Bill Leckie in the same newspaper which is full of the type of xenophobic and offensive comment which has become common place in tabloid newspapers when discussing Alfredo Morelos. Unfortunately opinion, no matter how malicious or idiotic, is not covered under IPSO regulations and we cannot use this method to challenge this column. Club 1872 is a major shareholder in the club and it is clear that this type of reporting is designed to damage the Rangers brand and create a toxic environment at a time when Rangers supporters are rightly optimistic about the future. On that basis, we remain in dialogue with Rangers about medium and longer term strategies to challenge irresponsible articles like this about our club, fans and players.

We have also written to Scottish Sun Editor, Alan Muir, asking for an explanation of how Mr Leckie's description of Alfredo Morelos as a "waster" sits with their Respect Our Players campaign. It appears the Scottish Sun believes this campaign should not apply to its own columnists.

We would remind Rangers supporters that the Scottish Sun, and indeed the Daily Record and other tabloid newspapers, are commercial organisations. They rely on your clicks, shares and purchases to survive. Whilst they continue to receive these clicks and shares they will continue to produce this type of content. When we ran our Change the Record campaign it had a visible effect on the number of shares and clicks for that newspaper - with many supporters choosing to block Daily Record accounts on social media. It cannot be emphasised enough how strong the position of our supporters is in dealing with this issue, if we are prepared act in unison and take decisive action. If you feel the need to comment on these type of attacks on our players and club - and we understand why people wish to do that - then we would urge you to use screenshots on social media rather than sharing links.

In the meantime, there are a number of outlets which Rangers supporters can use for news about our club. These outlets provide a wealth of content including club news and debate. We have included a link to a standalone page with detail of these outlets below. It is particularly worth noting that Rangers’ own social media channels provide quicker access to regular press conference content than tabloids and that you can hear the management and players’ comments without the filter often applied to them by dishonest reporting.

Click here for a list of tabloid media alternatives

Issued by Supporters Voice Limited, a Club 1872 company

Club 1872

The European Commission against Racism and Intolerance (ECRI) singled out The Sun and Daily mail newspaper for “offensive, discriminatory and provocative terminology” a few years ago. Full story here https://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/press/the-sun-and-daily-mail-fuelling-prejudice-racist-violence-hate-crime-speech-uk-ecri-report-a7351856.html

Maybe a complaint to them also C1872?

https://www.coe.int/en/web/european-commission-against-racism-and-intolerance

Bobby Hume and geneva_ger like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, tannerall said:

Shocking when you think of the treatment Gascoigne gets, yet Lennon threatens  wummin, and Griffiths does all sorts but little is mentioned. 

Was thinking about this when Gazza got his kb from the Hall of Fame...what will be the reaction when, inevitably, Lennon or Griffiths gets put forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...