Game of the Decade

BridgeIsBlue

Has to be The Witcher 3 for me,just recently started a 2nd playthrough after watching the Netflix series. One of the main reasons why I'm looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 is because of CD Projekt Red, the amount of effort and detail they put into their games is staggering. 

What would yours be? 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Has to be The Witcher 3 for me,just recently started a 2nd playthrough after watching the Netflix series. One of the main reasons why I'm looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 is because of CD Projekt Red, the amount of effort and detail they put into their games is staggering. 

What would yours be? 

Jinxed it ya cunt.

Delayed.

2 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Skyrim and Red Dead are amazing I'm not a huge fan of Fallout 4 it is the worst of the Fallout series too me granted I've not played 76.

I preferred 3, they’ve actually enhanced it to 4k haha but I seen your favourite is New Vegas mate. Have you played Outer Worlds made by the same people? I’m a couple of hours into it, been quite nostalgic to have something of fallout-quality after the absolute car crash of 76.

Just now, CR3 said:

I preferred 3, they’ve actually enhanced it to 4k haha but I seen your favourite is New Vegas mate. Have you played Outer Worlds made by the same people? I’m a couple of hours into it, been quite nostalgic to have something of fallout quality after the absolute car crash of 76.

We have it but I've not started it yet but I'm looking forward to playing it my girlfriend wants too watch as I play through she loves the series too but prefers elder scrolls. 

1 minute ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

We have it but I've not started it yet but I'm looking forward to playing it my girlfriend wants too watch as I play through she loves the series too but prefers elder scrolls. 

Elder scrolls 6 could be the best hing ever. You’ll like Outer Worlds I think, not been the strongest year for games but it got a nomination for GOTY anyway.

1 minute ago, CR3 said:

Elder scrolls 6 could be the best hing ever. You’ll like Outer Worlds I think, not been the strongest year for games but it got a nomination for GOTY anyway.

Elder Scrolls 6 has seriously got too redeem Bethesda and be cracking and having really well balanced and value for money DLC with minimum microtransactions but it will be focused on making money for every reason possible. 

I will maybe start Outer Worlds tonight I've mainly been playing Fifa and Outer Wilds which is amazing too. 

Just now, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

It is a broken mess that shouldn't be so loved by anyone but I truly love it. 

I managed to get a decent playthrough eventually and remember the house always wins quest line was good.

Just now, CR3 said:

I managed to get a decent playthrough eventually and remember the house always wins quest line was good.

The end quests are all good but the Legion should have been fleshed out more but considering the entire game was made from start to finish in 18 months it's understandable that there's issues. 

Zelda Breath of the wild. Bought a switch for it and can honestly say its the best game I've ever played.

I also loved the first red dead redemption. It still holds up well nearly 10 years later. 

34 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Still not played Witcher 3 but bought it few weeks back. 

Is it final fantasy type rpg because I hated those games 

Nothing like FF, everything might seem overwhelming at first but if you stick with it you'll enjoy it. Plenty of tutorials in the game to ease you into it. 

32 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Will fire into it tonight 

It's actually designed to be played on atleast the blood and bones difficulty. If you play it on the easier ones it turns into abit of shit hack n slash that becomes very repetitive.

Atleast with the difficulty ramped up you have to play tactically and research your enemies. Using signs and bombs becomes essential which is what the Witcher games are supposed to be about.

There will be a steep learning curve to begin with, but play it the way its meant to be played. It's also a game you'll struggle with if you hate long cutscenes. You can easily jump in for an hour and not accomplish very much.

10 minutes ago, Iakona said:

It's actually designed to be played on atleast the blood and bones difficulty. If you play it on the easier ones it turns into abit of shit hack n slash that becomes very repetitive.

Atleast with the difficulty ramped up you have to play tactically and research your enemies. Using signs and bombs becomes essential which is what the Witcher games are supposed to be about.

There will be a steep learning curve to begin with, but play it the way its meant to be played. It's also a game you'll struggle with if you hate long cutscenes. You can easily jump in for an hour and not accomplish very much.

I enjoyed the shadow of mordor games and their cut scenes and looking at the boses weaknesses so hopefully I'll enjoy this 

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I enjoyed the shadow of mordor games and their cut scenes and looking at the boses weaknesses so hopefully I'll enjoy this 

The bestiary is basically your best pal in this game, if you prepare yourself before going into a fight against a werewolf e.g you should be alright. 

Archived