Sign in to follow this  
Rfc52

Gerrard says board, himself and players all want the squad to stay together this month

Yes we now have a tight knit squad who work hard for each other, and back up players who know the system well who can slot in.

I think this  might also be suggesting we might not be getting many, if any, players in this month.

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Have a feeling there will be a late loan signing in to bolster the squad.

Biggest worry is don’t start cold again. 

Agreed. Although I think we couldn’t have asked for a more gentle restart than tonight. Get the sand out of the boots and carry on where we left off 

:UK:

BearInTheToon likes this

Imo the squad as it stands is good enough to win it this year.  Technically we’re better than celtic in most positions and the only thing stopping us is ourselves.

we shot our selves in the foot up at Pittodrie otherwise we’re level with a game less.  Must admit I expected celtic to sign a real player of quality from a proven team after the last result but they’re there for the taking.

corkinator likes this

I firmly believe a lot of the speculation is agent driven to get them a better contract at Ibrox. It’s the perfect storm right now for agents to get a better deal for their clients at ibrox. They know we are challenging for the title and won’t want anyone to leave so they are saying deal ya in for what we are worth. A squad full of players signed at a different stage of their development who have now proved they are at a different level. I don’t see any of them moving this window, hopefully another 2-3,agree new long term deals to everyone’s benefit. 

52 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

I firmly believe a lot of the speculation is agent driven to get them a better contract at Ibrox. It’s the perfect storm right now for agents to get a better deal for their clients at ibrox. They know we are challenging for the title and won’t want anyone to leave so they are saying deal ya in for what we are worth. A squad full of players signed at a different stage of their development who have now proved they are at a different level. I don’t see any of them moving this window, hopefully another 2-3,agree new long term deals to everyone’s benefit. 

Definitely 

its win win,  if they sign a new contract and are on more money we simply sell them for more money when the bids come in,plus we get to keep our best players.

glasgow argyle likes this

2 hours ago, Assegai said:

I read on as this was still Stevie speaking and I was going "yas! yas! go on Stevie!" in my head haha.

Got to the fenian bit and thought oft he’s proper going for it 😂

Assegai likes this